• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

You know what? I'm happy we barely won today...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  565
  • Days Won:  0

Once every season, every USF-Caliber team needs to get its' butt kicked. The feeling of invincibility is gone, and now we know that we need to do better in order to reach the ultimate goal. Coach Levaitt will help our players realize that if we play like we did today, we'll beat Syracuse. Hell, we might even beat Louisville (Yes, I think Louisville is that bad), but 7-5 will win us a big fat spot in the International Bowl, where UConn or Louisville belongs.

My point is, at least this wake-up call occured during FAU, and not against UCF, or God forbid another Big East squad. And in case you're worried that we're the only team that had a little bit of trouble with a lesser opponent, chew on this:

Appalachian State 34, Michigan 32

Texas 21, Arkansas State 13

Boston College 24, UMass 14

We're 5-0, and now, we know we can't be content, in the words of Lou Holtz.

• Content Count:  12,293

ehh,,

i see where you are going with this...but you can remove the word "happy" from your title. 

i dont think any bull fan should be "HAPPY" that we sucked today.  in hindsight it might help but i would of much rather seen a 40-7 blowout for USF.

• Content Count:  400

today showed us how someone could beat us: line it up and run the ball up our gut.  this is why the UCF and RU game worries me now.  we face Kevin Smith and Ray Rice in a 6 day span.  the latter scares the hell out of me, because it is a road game and RU is built off of Ray Rice up the middle and playaction off of Ray Rice up the middle.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

i see where you are going with this...but you can remove the word "happy" from your title. 

Actually, just replace with "sucked" with "won" ..... That's really all that matters.

• Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

Every team, no matter how good they are, has at least one game a year where they absolutely stink out the joint. The trick is to survive that bad game and win anyway. USF survived. Let's move on to next week and hope it doesn't happen again.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

WAKE UP CALL

• Content Count:  136

Once every season, every USF-Caliber team needs to get its' butt kicked. The feeling of invincibility is gone, and now we know that we need to do better in order to reach the ultimate goal. Coach Levaitt will help our players realize that if we play like we did today, we'll beat Syracuse. Hell, we might even beat Louisville (Yes, I think Louisville is that bad), but 7-5 will win us a big fat spot in the International Bowl, where UConn or Louisville belongs.

My point is, at least this wake-up call occured during FAU, and not against UCF, or God forbid another Big East squad. And in case you're worried that we're the only team that had a little bit of trouble with a lesser opponent, chew on this:

Appalachian State 34, Michigan 32

Texas 21, Arkansas State 13

Boston College 24, UMass 14

We're 5-0, and now, we know we can't be content, in the words of Lou Holtz.

Truth

• Content Count:  635

i think back to Miami's game against Boston College in 2001, where Ed Reed returned that INT for a TD near the goalline. they go on to win the natl championship. or the year prior, when Oklahoma struggled all day to beat Texas A&M, 38-35. last year, UF loses to Auburn. Ohio State in 2002 had a bunch of those games. Texas in '05 had A&M and Oklahoma State. in this day of college football, you're going to come up against teams with talent that's not much far from your own. it's all about who wants it most, and the coaching decisions that ultimately affect the outcome.

• Content Count:  2,363

ehh,,

i dont think any bull fan should be "HAPPY" that we sucked today.  in hindsight it might help but i would of much rather seen a 40-7 blowout for USF.

I'd use the word "happy" as in, i'm happy is we learn a lesson without having caught an L to do so.

Archived