• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

So, Auburn was not a quality win eh?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,981
  • Days Won:  0

From Mandel:

And what of South Florida? Both the Bulls (which knocked off No. 5 West Virginia on Friday) and Auburn have now beaten top-five foes -- but South Florida also beat Auburn. Is there another team in the country with two more impressive victories?

I feel like we just got our Auburn win back.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  186

I can't wait to drive to work Monday and beep at every one of the idiots who drive around Tampa with Gators gear on their cars.  Its time these dumbasses woke up and realized they're in Bulls Country.

• Content Count:  849

Auburn played great tonight. The Gators weren't overrated but they haven't faced a good defense all year until they saw Auburn. Auburn played a tremendous defensive game although their secondary blew it a few times, but everyone makes mistakes.

A GOOD DEFENSE always beats a good offense! I still think we beat Auburn because our defense is tremendous but Brandon Cox looked really solid.

• Content Count:  1,204

Yeah, what I was saying was that we seemed to correct our turnover problem and were able to protect Cox.  Maybe i'm wearing blue and orange shades, but tonight looked alot different than 2 weeks ago.

Would we beat USF now?  Doubt it.

Would we play better?  Yes

I'm glad that we can say that a quality team like Auburn (and a well coached one) and USF are on the same level.  Eleven years of playing and we're on level with Auburn.  If you'd have said that to me a couple of years ago I'd never believe you.

Auburn played well tonight in a hostile environment just like we did in Auburn.  I'm glad for them because it benefits us but also because it really will get them re-invigorated.  Now you root for UF against LSU to pretty even you up with LSU so you can take them out in three weeks and solidify a claim on the SEC West.  You can put an exclamation on it by laying the pine on Alabama and just flaying those guys alive to close out the regular season schedule. 

I'm rooting for you guys because it benefits us, but also because I like Auburn.  It's a beautiful campus and had some of the nicest people I'd ever met.  I didn't get up there for the game this year, but have been on campus in the past and really love the town and the people.  Best of luck to ya'll.  I hope you win the SEC.  Maybe we can schedule a home/home series with you guys in the future.  It wouldn't be easy for either team, but I know Auburn doesn't shy away from a challenge.  I also know you guys always respect your opponents (unless they're from Tuscaloosa ;) )

War Eagle!

• Content Count:  136

I just wanted to add that I think it's cool that Auburn fans and ours seem to have a pretty good relationship at this point... We both want each other to win all our games, and I think it's a pretty cool thing to see...

And I've heard it from ELON fans too...

But, that Auburn team really did us a huge favor by knocking off the Gators! I just got back from celebrating... You can't deny it that at this point, we're the best in the state... Maybe we wouldn't beat the Gators now, but we'll be screwed over badly if we aren't ranked higher now...

And I think we just lost all the Gators fans that liked us as that upstart little program that was kicking Miami and FSU down... I knew a lot of them... But I have a feeling that when the polls come out they won't feel the same...  :o

• Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

I think you all are confusing being ranked higher with being better. I mean, I'm really going to savor seeing USF ranked higher than the Gators if it happens. But if you put us and them on the field together, I'm pretty sure they would still win. There aren't many teams I think USF would be hard pressed to beat, but they're one of them.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Our win against Auburn was a great shot in the arm for the team.  If our FGs were successful the score would have been completely different. 

That night at Jordan-Hare we were the better team.  Our defense held up beautifully.  We put the pressure on Cox big time, and that might be the key to the game, IMO.

BTW, just as an aside, as soon as we went into OT, I knew we were going to win the game because we haven't lost an overtime game yet!  6-0.  Pretty good, I think.

The win last night by Auburn against UF has me smiling from ear to to ear!

I have a co-worker who went to both USF and UF, and thinks that UF is the better team.  Maybe they are, but they weren't last night.  He did, however, say that he is leaning towards believing that USF is the real deal!   I am going to have so much fun tomorrow at work with him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The AU fans I met in Alabama made me feel welcome.  Even in their loss they showed class!    AUFan, you are always welcome here. 

GO BULLS!!

Go War Eagle!

• Content Count:  1,457

We are the BEST team in the South and East!

Archived