• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Funny WVU Ticket ad on Craigslist

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  308
  • Days Won:  0

Just read a funny ad on craigslist.  I really liked it because i flippin' hate those professional scalpers that work the games.  You can always pick them out because they never wear any team related clothing, they smell and look dirty, they are constantly on the cell with the other guys who are working either the gates or the lot.

Anyway, this is a funny ad...

Linkage

• Content Count:  275

apparently you have the driest sense of humor ever.

[rant]

His ad isn't really that funny... He says "Scalp tickets for $20..."

Well, that means give up your tickets...

To scalp tickets => to sell tickets at a price higher than face value

If you are BUYING tickets from a scalper you are not "scalping tickets" ... you are "buying scalped tickets".

[end of rant]

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

Dont Waste You're Money ! USF 10/28 for $20 - $20

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reply to: see below

Date: 2007-09-27, 11:17AM EDT

Imagine how foolish you will feel when you walk through a sea of people tomorrow night desperate to get rid of their tickets. Sure.. go ahead Spend Hundreds on a ticket. Line the pockets of these leeches. Just remember... this is Tampa, not South Bend.

If your looking for an inexpensive way to go. Scalp individual tickets outside for $20 (Even if you are in a group) and proceed to the pirate ship or Party Deck Area. See you there!

Go Bulls

01010401041201030220070927d07b7a17b965d8d5b600ebea.jpg

yeah--- funny like a crutch-- and loaded with BAD information.

As if the students will not be eating up all the space near the ship the entire game.

crazy if they think they will get a ticket for $20

• Content Count:  12,293

i think what the guy in the ad was trying to say that if you are in a group and need tickets, he thinks the best option would not to buy tickets all in a row because the price will be higher.  rather, just buy single tickets that are scattered throughout the stadium (from people who have just 1 extra seat and dont want to "eat" it) and even though your group's actual seats would be scattered throughout the stadium you can all just hang out around the Ship and still watch the game together.  basically just using your ticket as a way into the stadium.

Guest JulmisteForPrez

i think what the guy in the ad was trying to say that if you are in a group and need tickets, he thinks the best option would not to buy tickets all in a row because the price will be higher.  rather, just buy single tickets that are scattered throughout the stadium (from people who have just 1 extra seat and dont want to "eat" it) and even though your group's actual seats would be scattered throughout the stadium you can all just hang out around the Ship and still watch the game together.  basically just using your ticket as a way into the stadium.

Right, right......

But I want to know what BullMonty found so funny about that ad.  ???

• Content Count:  12,293

yea, not much funny about it.

i guess he thought it was funny that this ad was trying to twart all the scalpers plans of making big bucks. 

Archived