• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Other radio options for Friday's game?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  164
  • Days Won:  0

For some crazy reason, the Super Sports Pack on Rogers Cable up here in Ontario has decided to play the LSU vs Tulane game instead of the USF/WVU one. I guess a blowout is more interesting than a match-up of two ranked teams. And TSN, the channel that sometimes simulcasts ESPN or ESPN2 is giving us a wonderful CFL matchup. Let me tell ya, if you ever get a chance to watch a Canadian Football League game, don't. I went to the Grey Cup a  couple of years back, and I honestly think most USF regular season games have a higher production value than their "Super Bowl."

Anyway, not that my rant is out of my system, does anyone know if there is any way to listen to the game over the Internet other than the official radio station website? I tried listening to that for the Elon game and was told that it wasn't available to my location. I guess they must think I'm taking business away from a poor Canadian radio station? I'm going to try and find WVU's official radio station, but in case that doesn't work, has anyone else in my sort of situation (ie, outside of the US) encountered this problem and, more importantly, figured out a solution?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,660
  • Days Won:  424

For some crazy reason, the Super Sports Pack on Rogers Cable up here in Ontario has decided to play the LSU vs Tulane game instead of the USF/WVU one. I guess a blowout is more interesting than a match-up of two ranked teams. And TSN, the channel that sometimes simulcasts ESPN or ESPN2 is giving us a wonderful CFL matchup. Let me tell ya, if you ever get a chance to watch a Canadian Football League game, don't. I went to the Grey Cup a  couple of years back, and I honestly think most USF regular season games have a higher production value than their "Super Bowl."

Anyway, not that my rant is out of my system, does anyone know if there is any way to listen to the game over the Internet other than the official radio station website? I tried listening to that for the Elon game and was told that it wasn't available to my location. I guess they must think I'm taking business away from a poor Canadian radio station? I'm going to try and find WVU's official radio station, but in case that doesn't work, has anyone else in my sort of situation (ie, outside of the US) encountered this problem and, more importantly, figured out a solution?

Not sure how the out of country thing works for the USF Press Pass but it would be well worth the one month charge to get it if available ....

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

Or... you could configure your browser to go through a proxy server in America, thus tricking "the man".

• Content Count:  880

For some crazy reason, the Super Sports Pack on Rogers Cable up here in Ontario has decided to play the LSU vs Tulane game instead of the USF/WVU one. I guess a blowout is more interesting than a match-up of two ranked teams. And TSN, the channel that sometimes simulcasts ESPN or ESPN2 is giving us a wonderful CFL matchup. Let me tell ya, if you ever get a chance to watch a Canadian Football League game, don't. I went to the Grey Cup a couple of years back, and I honestly think most USF regular season games have a higher production value than their "Super Bowl."

Question for you? Did you know that the game is on Friday night? Or are you speaking of some sort or replay in Canada?  Tulane/LSU is on Saturday @ noon. USF/WVU is Friday night at 8pm.

• Content Count:  164

For some crazy reason, the Super Sports Pack on Rogers Cable up here in Ontario has decided to play the LSU vs Tulane game instead of the USF/WVU one. I guess a blowout is more interesting than a match-up of two ranked teams. And TSN, the channel that sometimes simulcasts ESPN or ESPN2 is giving us a wonderful CFL matchup. Let me tell ya, if you ever get a chance to watch a Canadian Football League game, don't. I went to the Grey Cup a couple of years back, and I honestly think most USF regular season games have a higher production value than their "Super Bowl."

Question for you? Did you know that the game is on Friday night? Or are you speaking of some sort or replay in Canada? Tulane/LSU is on Saturday @ noon. USF/WVU is Friday night at 8pm.

Hmm, I didn't realize the LSU game is on Saturday. The cable guide says Friday night is LSU vs Tulane, but based on what you said, maybe that's just a typo. Dang, now you got me all excited. Guess I'll cross my fingers and hope for the best. Though odds are I'll turn it on and get a "thrilling" game between the Calgary Stampeders and Edmonton Eskimos. *sigh*

Archived