• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Sox trade Nomar

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  2,464
  • Days Won:  0

A reliable source in Boston says the sox will announce a nomar trade today most likely.

I hope it is true

here is the deal

Sox get: Odalis Perez and Carlos Delgado

Jays get: Cesar Izturis and minor-league pitcher

Dodgers get: Nomar and Kim

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

NO F*(#^ING WAY!!!!

There is already a 20 page thread on sonsofsamhorn.  I think it is real and will happen today.  If so it is a steal for the sox who get delgado and a **** good 5th starter in odalis perez.

http://p086.ezboard.com/fsonsofsamhornbostonredsox.showMessageRange?topicID=13571.topic&start=1&stop=20

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

I heard that too...

At the beginning of the season, i would have said... no way don't do it... but you know what... there is a chemistry problem and it very well could be based on Nomar's off season fiasco.  

I actually like this deal, since Pokey is such a great defensive player, and Delgado is a very good offensive player, and we get a good pitcher in the process.

I don't like the fact that Bellhorn will be 2nd baseman... he gets on base but he is very unreliable.  

I still there something else needs to happen .

Perhaps Mueller's return will fix the fielding problems as he is an excellent defensive 3rd baseman and a very good switch hitter.

I heard that too...

At the beginning of the season, i would have said... no way don't do it... but you know what... there is a chemistry problem and it very well could be based on Nomar's off season fiasco.  

I actually like this deal, since Pokey is such a great defensive player, and Delgado is a very good offensive player, and we get a good pitcher in the process.

I don't like the fact that Bellhorn will be 2nd baseman... he gets on base but he is very unreliable.  

I still there something else needs to happen .

Perhaps Mueller's return will fix the fielding problems as he is an excellent defensive 3rd baseman and a very good switch hitter.

How bout Mueller coming back and playing 2b with youkaliss playing majority of time at 3b.  Bellhorn has some nice pop in his bat but strikes out way to much.  Arizona fired Brenly today and some players on that team will be traded now, I would love to get big unit but am worried that George makes a big run at him.  Good thing is that george pissed off colangelo bigtime last year with the david wells thing so hopefully colangelo makes him pay by trading unit to sox or just not letting yanks get him.

as long as Johnson doesn't go to the yanks, anyone else, and its fine.  Sox and its awesome.

Can you imagine if the sox got him...

Pedro, Schilling, Johnson, Lowe, Perez, wake

6 deep... arroyo to long relief... Wake or Lowe could do long relief on any given day.   And that will help with the Williamson injury.

• Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

Mark my words:

If Nomar gets traded to LA, the Yankees go after him to play 2B before the trade deadline.

Steinbrenner is a sonofabitch and he'd do it just to burn the sox.  Plus, Nomar is an upgrade over Enrique Wilson.

Red sox just got Brandon Puffer from San Diego (not sure what they paid in trade)

and

Jimmy Anderson from Chic Cubs for a prospect

Padres transaction:

Traded pitcher Brandon Puffer to the Boston Red Sox for a player to be named later or cash; recalled pitcher Jake Peavy from his rehabilitation assignment at Mobile of the Southern League (AA) and activated him from the 15-day disabled list.

I have no doubt that George would do that, but if that opens up the chance we can get Johnson, and NY wastes their money on Nomar... so be it.