• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Dumb a$$ BEEF STUD on 620

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,158
  • Days Won:  0

Just a technical point and not getting involved in this conversation otherwise, but the BeefStuds, unless they have changed this year, are part of the University as they are an Official Student Organization and receive funding from Student Government. 

Eric

I am not pro or anti Beef Studs, but...

I also heard the call on 620.  The "stud" was generally talking good about USF football.  He and the host were talking about how Grothe would not be forced to run as much due to more rb talent.  The stud mentioned Ford and Ponton, but said it so fast that I'm not sure the host caught on. 

The stud could have been nervous and wasn't thinking or could be clueless that Ponton is gone.  Though most of us on this board know Ponton is gone, some other "casual" fans aren't as up on football current events as we are.  Doesn't make them any less of a fan or a supporter.  The program needs all the support we can get. 

The call was very pro USF and the host told the stud that he would paint himself up with the studs for the L'ville game.

Never enough USF calls to the local stations.  It was good to hear.

Go Bulls.

With that said... why are we bashing the org so much?  I'm not a part of it, and I understand that a few in the org have been horrible in the recent past... but you could say the same things about maybe a 1/4 of the student section.  Drunk people do stuped things.  The Beef Studs to plenty of good... and they arn't part of the university like the band or cheerleaders... they don't have to be professional and sober.  I DO hope they are less drunk and a little more accepting/nice now and in the future... but CAN WE STOP BASHING PEOPLE WHO SUPPORT ATHLETICS?  It's just retarded...

Let the leaders of the Beef Studs know if someone is messing up... stop possible public slander/libel.  These threads have no point.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

Not a Beef Stud, or any other kind of stud for that matter, but I'm curious as to which one on this thread called in with the correction? 

GO BULLS!

• Content Count:  1,981
  • Days Won:  0

Not a Beef Stud, or any other kind of stud for that matter, but I'm curious as to which one on this thread called in with the correction? 

GO BULLS!

Great question.

Archived