• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bowl game in St Pete?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I think the Houston Bowl is thinking locally. Only one BE team is close, USF. Whereas there are three CUsa team in Texas alone.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

indoor bowl game in florida? strange

usf kids would rather travel anywhere i am sure

rest of articles wasnt very flattering for usf

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Part of the fun of playing in a bowl game is travelling to a different city.  St. Pete doesn't excite me at all.  Maybe Pitt, Cincinnat,i and UConn can fight over this bowl.  Even though B'ham sucked, I'd rather go there than play in St. Pete.

I agree with you that "Part of the fun of playing in a bowl game is travelling to a different city"; however, St. Pete wouldn't be such a bad place to play.  It would be pretty  much a home bowl game for the BULLS.

I saw on another board a USF poster (USF95) proposed an interesting idea that would bring in potential new USF fans.  Here is what he had to say:

"The owners of the Outback are big USF boosters and already have the Outback Bowl in Tampa. It would make sense for the Outback to get involved with a bowl in St. Pete. It could be the Carrabas Bowl. The bottom line is the two bowls could feed off each other. You could sell combo bowl ticket packages. You make the St. Pete game December 30th while the Outback Bowl is the 1st of January. You then can see both games. Real college football fans would spend the money on the extra ticket to see another college bowl game while they are in town. You would probably get 25% that get both tickets which would work well for both games."

What do you think?

the two bowls would compete against each other for customers

• Content Count:  856
  • Days Won:  2

Part of the fun of playing in a bowl game is travelling to a different city.  St. Pete doesn't excite me at all.  Maybe Pitt, Cincinnat,i and UConn can fight over this bowl.  Even though B'ham sucked, I'd rather go there than play in St. Pete.

although i agree with saying id rather travel somewhere for a bowl than play here in the tampa bay area, you couldnt pay me enough to go back to birmingham....thats gotta be what hells like, the armpit of the u.s.

• Content Count:  5,691
  • Days Won:  0

Bullswinbucswin,

I agree a bowl game in fl should be in any outdoor venue.

The trop always seems dark and gloomy.

I think it stinks and enough of the upstart bowls. If the BE continues to have success we should be able to get into better established bowls

• Content Count:  385

I don't know, but I don't see an issue here.  Who cares if it is indoor or not?  and does it matter, really, if it you have to travel?  BTW I hated Birmingham too and if there is a way to avoid it I hope the Bull would, but if they are playing there I 'm going.  The trop stinks, but it could be a cool experience and we would have a really good turn out.  I don't know a bowl is a bowl is a bowl unless it is BCS, so as long as I don't have to travel to a different country to watch my Bulls play than I really don't care.

• Content Count:  5,691

I don't know a bowl is a bowl is a bowl unless it is BCS, so as long as I don't have to travel to a different country to watch my Bulls play than I really don't care.

so the San Diego County Credit Union Poinsettia is the same as the cotton bowl, or gator bowl, or cap one, or outback????

• Content Count:  385

No your right..but the trops bowl will be just another car care, papajohns.com, etc., etc.  They are all the same.  Playing a big bowl is what makes a difference. 

Archived