• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Offensive Scheme...Will it stay the same?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,334
  • Days Won:  0

I expect it to change but probably not by a great deal.  We had a successful offense last season, especially towards the end of the year.  The big changes we're likely to see are using Grothe a little bit less due to more running options, and possibly a couple sets to take advantage of our size.

While one shouldn't rewrite the playbook just for the players, it is certainly true that you should favor certain things more if your players in that area are stronger.  Over time, this can cause the playbook to adapt and change quite a bit, but it shouldn't be drastic in any one year unless things were going horribly wrong and a drastic change is needed.  With the solid QB play we had last season it's reasonable to see more RB usage to set Grothe up.  It will be very nice if Grothe is not the focal point of EVERY SINGLE DEFENSIVE SNAP...and I believe we have the horses to ensure that isn't the case this season.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

2006 Total Offense:

Running Attempts = 485

Passing Attempts  = 356

Grothe ran 178 times and leading RB had 122 with 2nd leading RB(who only played half the season had only 73. The next in line in number of carries was Julmiste and we know how much he played.

We have a major upgrade in talent at the RB position and sure carries will be given more to a more talented group of RB's, but think Grothe will continue to wow us with his runs. Probably cut it down to 150 attampts.

I see us moving the ball down the field much better in 2007 ... and have fewer Punts - 59 in 2006.

Go BULLS !!!

Archived