• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Unveiling the nation's 10 best and five worst coaches

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

Urban Meyer can lick it...he ain't even close to the Top 10.

All he's proven is that he can coach someone else's recruits.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  849
  • Days Won:  0

Urban Meyer can lick it...he ain't even close to the Top 10.

All he's proven is that he can coach someone else's recruits.

I second that, I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who thinks that. I've been arguing with some Gator fans the last two years that Suburban Meyer is winning with Zook's recruits. I wish Ron Zook was our recruiting coordinator, we'd be National Champs atleast 2 times already.

• Content Count:  549

Grobe is garbage.  We'll see what he does with his newfound fame.  Probably the same thing he's done every other year sans one...mediocre/below average.

jim grobe ALWAYS gets more out of his given team than any other coach in the country.  why do u think his name is always on "top coaches lists"?  just for fun?

Prior to his greatest year ever, he was 4-7, 4-7, 5-7, and 7-6 in a less-than-imposing ACC.  He's consistent, that's for sure.  How hard is it for a BCS team to win 4 games a year?

Last year, his Orange Bowl team went 2-3 against the five ranked teams they played, including Clemson and GT who both finished unranked.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

As to Meyer. What else do you want a coach to do? anyways the best coach in the country right now might be schiano in my opinion.

• Content Count:  856
  • Days Won:  2

Grobe is garbage.  We'll see what he does with his newfound fame.  Probably the same thing he's done every other year sans one...mediocre/below average.

jim grobe ALWAYS gets more out of his given team than any other coach in the country.  why do u think his name is always on "top coaches lists"?  just for fun?

Prior to his greatest year ever, he was 4-7, 4-7, 5-7, and 7-6 in a less-than-imposing ACC.  He's consistent, that's for sure.  How hard is it for a BCS team to win 4 games a year?

Last year, his Orange Bowl team went 2-3 against the five ranked teams they played, including Clemson and GT who both finished unranked.

jim grobe coaches football at a private university with a student body of less than 7,000 every year.  if he got among the best players in the country every year thru recruiting, i would understand your point.  however, he gets nowhere NEAR the cream of the crop when it comes to student athletes.  for him to even flirt with the top 25 with what hes given is amazing. 

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Pete Carroll and Mack Brown, are you kidding me? 90% of their success is recruiting. They couldn't coach their way out of wet paper bags.

recruiting is part of coaching

carroll is one of the best coaches ever in college football

\

jim grobe coaches football at a private university with a student body of less than 7,000 every year.  if he got among the best players in the country every year thru recruiting, i would understand your point.  however, he gets nowhere NEAR the cream of the crop when it comes to student athletes.  for him to even flirt with the top 25 with what hes given is amazing. 

grobe seems quite good latetly

Pete Carroll and Mack Brown, are you kidding me? 90% of their success is recruiting. They couldn't coach their way out of wet paper bags.

Thats absurd. Pete Carroll has had his team in the top 5 the last 5 years, with 5 straight BCS bowls. Recruiting is a lot to do with sustained success, but you don't have 3 Heismans and 2 National Championship being a bad coach.

I'm staying with it. It's rare, but when USC and Texas end up in tough games, Carroll and Brown are overmatched.

BTW Zook coached in a tougher conference than either of those two. He's just as bad as them, but he had more tough games (3-4 per year compared to maybe 2 for Brown and Carroll) that showed his true colors.

what tough game was carroll overmatched?

why doesnt he get credit for building the most dominating program in college football?

• Content Count:  565

Grobe didn't:

-Build a team from a dream and a trailer to a BCS contender in less than 15 years

-Build a team like USF when you have three other football powerhouses in your state

-Beat Louisville, which we have

Kind of corny, but hey, it works.

Archived