• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Scheduling Non-BCS Teams

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

I understand the formula that says play non-BCS as 2-1 deals.  However, that will lead to more deals of the F_U, WKU variety.  My question is, that other than possibly UCF, are there any non-BCS schools you would agree to play on a 1-1 basis?  I would be ok with 1-1 with:

TCU, BYU and Utah. 

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

I understand the formula that says play non-BCS as 2-1 deals.  However, that will lead to more deals of the F_U, WKU variety.  My question is, that other than possibly UCF, are there any non-BCS schools you would agree to play on a 1-1 basis?  I would be ok with 1-1 with:

TCU, BYU and Utah. 

i would rather usf play top 15 teams on the road like auburn

you get instant cred with a win and it prepares your team much better

our ksu type schedule is a joke

• Content Count:  254
  • Days Won:  0

TCU, BYU and Utah. 

i would rather usf play top 15 teams on the road like auburn

you get instant cred with a win and it prepares your team much better

our ksu type schedule is a joke

We are playing Auburn on the road this season with Miami and Florida on the horizon.  I don't understand where you come off calling the schedule a joke.

Is there any thread you do not attempt to hijack with your kvetching about the program?

• Content Count:  1,913
  • Days Won:  2

Nobody from USF has said they play non-BCS teams on a 2-for-1 basis. They've shown they play Sun Belt schools on a 2-for-1 basis, as seen with deals with FIU and FAU. That's the only recent precedent for a two-for-1. Getting a 2-for-1 from a more respected non-BCS league -- like Conference USA -- won't be easy to do on a regular basis.

USF's scheduling model calls for two games against non-BCS Division I-A opponents each season. More years than not, that will have one game at home and one away. This year, it's UCF at home and FAU on the road.

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

TCU, BYU and Utah. 

Most of the teams I would consider are really too far away, making travel a killer:

Navy

Southern Miss

Memphis

TCU

BYU

Utah

Fresno State

Boise State

Hawaii

• Content Count:  4,879
  • Days Won:  0

Southern Miss - this has roots

Memphis - possibly USF's most preferred option for a BE 9th team

I wonder if 2-1 are possible with MAC teams?

Nobody from USF has said they play non-BCS teams on a 2-for-1 basis. They've shown they play Sun Belt schools on a 2-for-1 basis, as seen with deals with FIU and FAU. That's the only recent precedent for a two-for-1. Getting a 2-for-1 from a more respected non-BCS league -- like Conference USA -- won't be easy to do on a regular basis.

USF's scheduling model calls for two games against non-BCS Division I-A opponents each season. More years than not, that will have one game at home and one away. This year, it's UCF at home and FAU on the road.

Thanks for the clarification Greg.

Thanks, Greg... I've been trying to help these guys understand the "formula" you've previously reported.

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Southern Miss - this has roots

Memphis - possibly USF's most preferred option for a BE 9th team

I wonder if 2-1 are possible with MAC teams?

If I'm not mistaken, the MAC signed a deal a few years ago to play Big 10 opponents on a yearly basis, so this could throw a wrench into the MAC argument.

Archived