• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Will Buckley make it to NBA?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

The hawks only draft forwards... that is the rule.

Kind of like Detroit and wr's?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

or the knicks making stupid moves ;)

• Content Count:  1,911
  • Days Won:  0

this is going to turn into a general sports forum thread.....but.....though i am from ny, i never was a fan of the knicks.  But i really like what they did last night. 

they gave a up a huge steve francis contract and a promising young channing frye (they already have Lee) for zach randolph who is a great post scorer (though has some problems).  They also grab dan dickau and fred jones (throw ins).  Out of ALL the horrible moves the knicks make, this was a very rare shine of light for me. 

Now if they could only get rid of stephon marburys 20 million a year contract.  what a hose job that is. 

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

sorry to push this off topic too... but i do agree. getting rid of francis = best move they could have made... but getting Randolph might turn out to be a bad decision.  TBD.

• Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

I don't think Buckley was ever consistent enough with his shooting touch, so that's a no on his shot at the NBA. I think Mattis is athletic enough to possibly latch on somewhere. He's a tenacious defender, and I think he'll turn into a Bruce Bowen type of role player for a team.

• Content Count:  1,241

this is going to turn into a general sports forum thread.....but.....though i am from ny, i never was a fan of the knicks.  But i really like what they did last night. 

they gave a up a huge steve francis contract and a promising young channing frye (they already have Lee) for zach randolph who is a great post scorer (though has some problems).   They also grab dan dickau and fred jones (throw ins).  Out of ALL the horrible moves the knicks make, this was a very rare shine of light for me. 

Now if they could only get rid of stephon marburys 20 million a year contract.  what a hose job that is. 

And now they have 2 players, who will assumably start at C and PF (Curry and Randolph) who provide nothing on the defensive end, are low character guys, and are for the most part dissapointing rebounders for their size (randolph to a lesser extent).

Dont get me wrong though, i wish my teams front office (the magic) was agressive like you guys are, selling our entire draft pissed me off.

I don't think Buckley was ever consistent enough with his shooting touch, so that's a no on his shot at the NBA. I think Mattis is athletic enough to possibly latch on somewhere. He's a tenacious defender, and I think he'll turn into a Bruce Bowen type of role player for a team.

I think you are extremely underestimating bruce bowen as a player.  If i were to make a starting 5 for the usa olympic team bruce bowen would be on it.  Though I get your point on Mattis' chance of making it as a defensive role player, comparing him to bruce bowen is a little over the top.  If that were the case mattis would be the greatest player usf athletics has ever produced.  i dont see that happening.  I will be rooting for them both, just think they are both far fetched to make in the the league. 

they gave a up a huge steve francis contract and a promising young channing frye (they already have Lee) for zach randolph who is a great post scorer (though has some problems).   They also grab dan dickau and fred jones (throw ins).  Out of ALL the horrible moves the knicks make, this was a very rare shine of light for me. 

And now they have 2 players, who will assumably start at C and PF (Curry and Randolph) who provide nothing on the defensive end, are low character guys, and are for the most part dissapointing rebounders for their size (randolph to a lesser extent).

Dont get me wrong though, i wish my teams front office (the magic) was agressive like you guys are, selling our entire draft pissed me off.

you are right about curry and randolph and again im not a knicks fan, but, comparing to their moves in the past this is a good one.  getting rid of francis' contract is the best part of the deal.  I root for the magic, they didnt do much yesterday.  they needed to land a big man to compliment D. Howard

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

I think you are extremely underestimating bruce bowen as a player.  If i were to make a starting 5 for the usa olympic team bruce bowen would be on it.  Though I get your point on Mattis' chance of making it as a defensive role player, comparing him to bruce bowen is a little over the top.  If that were the case mattis would be the greatest player usf athletics has ever produced.  i dont see that happening.  I will be rooting for them both, just think they are both far fetched to make in the the league.   

bowen is great

i guess buckley didnt get drafted

• Content Count:  624

I believe Rayshawn Terry will be a very good addition to the Magic. His strength is definitely a plus, and I can see him helping out Dwight a lot.

Archived