• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

tradition

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,803
  • Days Won:  0

I just want to throw this out there...I think we need some football game day traditions. Does anybody here have any gameday rituals or anything to get them prepared for the big day? I grew up on Texas A&M football which I compare to a cult, over 70 chants, mid-night yell, people changing their horns in their cars to the school fight song, rivalry trophies, and the mile march. I would love to see USF have some unique traditions that we can call our own, that is one of the reasons I came to this university, to build tradition and not just follow. Maybe we could yell some thing at kickoff like ohio state does o...h... before the kick and i...o... afterwards. If we get a rivalry started with Miami, this would be a good game for some college football hardwear, since we are the two most southern major football schools, it could be promoted as the southernmost rivalry, and a bust of the southernmost point could be made...it's regional, and gives the players something to play for. just a thought, anybody else have any ideas?

• Content Count:  2,363

I just want to throw this out there...I think we need some football game day traditions. Does anybody here have any gameday rituals or anything to get them prepared for the big day? I grew up on Texas A&M football which I compare to a cult, over 70 chants, mid-night yell, people changing their horns in their cars to the school fight song, rivalry trophies, and the mile march. I would love to see USF have some unique traditions that we can call our own, that is one of the reasons I came to this university, to build tradition and not just follow. Maybe we could yell some thing at kickoff like ohio state does o...h... before the kick and i...o... afterwards. If we get a rivalry started with Miami, this would be a good game for some college football hardwear, since we are the two most southern major football schools, it could be promoted as the southernmost rivalry, and a bust of the southernmost point could be made...it's regional, and gives the players something to play for. just a thought, anybody else have any ideas?

I like the southernmost idea--it hadn't dawned on me that this series would have that feature. As for yelling something at kickoff, I know there was a post not long ago arguing that very fact, I think some of the front runners were "GO BULLS" and "U! S! F!"

• Content Count:  243

If we get a rivalry started with Miami, this would be a good game for some college football hardwear, since we are the two most southern major football schools, it could be promoted as the southernmost rivalry, and a bust of the southernmost point could be made...it's regional, and gives the players something to play for. just a thought, anybody else have any ideas?

Here's what the bust should be. (Note: Tourists standing in front of the bust would be optional).

• Content Count:  195

If we get a rivalry started with Miami, this would be a good game for some college football hardwear, since we are the two most southern major football schools, it could be promoted as the southernmost rivalry, and a bust of the southernmost point could be made...it's regional, and gives the players something to play for. just a thought, anybody else have any ideas?

Here's what the bust should be. (Note: Tourists standing in front of the bust would be optional).

So are you suggesting that the game be played in Key West?

How did both of you get through school without learning what a bust is?

• Content Count:  1,260

I doubt Miami would go for it...but perhaps we could call the game "the battle for the U"

Not necessarily a bust... a trophy if you will, and I like rivalry trophy games, you have paul Bunyans axe, the wooden bucket, Florida and Florida St. play for the governors cup...it just adds a little more coal to the flame of a rivalry game. USF has campuses all over south florida, so the game would pretty much be for dominion of south florida.

• Content Count:  31

might have to stipulate contiguous southermost....i think hawaii got us on that one.

• Content Count:  195

Not necessarily a bust... a trophy if you will, and I like rivalry trophy games, you have paul Bunyans axe, the wooden bucket, Florida and Florida St. play for the governors cup...it just adds a little more coal to the flame of a rivalry game. USF has campuses all over south florida, so the game would pretty much be for dominion of south florida.

At this point in time USF vs UM isn't anymore of a rivalry than USF vs UCF is.

None of USF campuses - Tampa, St Petersburg, Sarasota-Manatee, or Lakeland is located in the area commonly referred to as South Florida. 

"Dominion of South Florida" ???

I consider Sarasota South Florida and I don't think their are any other major schools next to Miami south of us...FIU,FAU,UCF? but hey, USF Miami could develop into a rivalry...they all have to start somewhere...we just have to beat them first.

Archived