• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

A Raging Bull

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,660
  • Days Won:  6

Just received a signed copy of A Raging Bull yesterday as an early Father's Day present.  I'm already half way through it and it is a great read.  I highly recommend all Bulls fans get this book and read it.  Great history of our BBall program.  I never knew the Florida Four contract was for 4 years, and Florida and FSU cancelled the contract after the Bulls were champions the first 2 years.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

It's a great book by a former player that provides inside information and insights many of us would never otherwise be able to experience.  I would think it would be a slam dunk, if you will, for any Bulls fan.  It would be a great idea for a Fathers' Day gift!

Take that and stick a 10-year DVD with it and what else could anyone want?   :guinness.gif

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  2,726
  • Days Won:  0

Beer?  

Brilliant!

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  2,726
  • Days Won:  0

Just received a signed copy of A Raging Bull yesterday as an early Father's Day present.  I'm already half way through it and it is a great read.  I highly recommend all Bulls fans get this book and read it.  Great history of our BBall program.  I never knew the Florida Four contract was for 4 years, and Florida and FSU cancelled the contract after the Bulls were champions the first 2 years.

WOW, I have to get this book!  Is this true?  I never knew...what was the Florida Four?  Was it a preseason tourney?  Maybe we should bring back that name for Football... ;)

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  7,660
  • Days Won:  6

The Florida Four was a 2 night tournament with USF, Florida, FSU and Jacksonville.  The first one was held in December, 1981 at the Sun Dome - USF beat Florida the first night and FSU for the championship.  In December, 1982 it was held at the O'Connell Center and the Bulls beat FSU the first night and Florida for the championship.  Apparantly there were still 2 years left on the contract to be held in Tally and Jax, but Florida and FSU both backed out and the last 2 were never played.

Archived