• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

This statement got me thinking...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

I would venture to say, Triple_B, that for 90% of the fans who post on this board, you are correct.

However, if you were to go ask a bunch of what we might call "average fans," details such as the color of the seats and the gayness of having to close off a MONSTER upper deck rate highly on the things they care about.

If you haven't heard much of that, you aren't talking with many average football fans.

Nukebull...

When I say "average fan," I am speaking in relation to the guys/girls who frequent this board.  Our fanbase has a few hundred of Bullspen.com-type fans....tops.  The rest are folks who love the Bulls, but would never spend even a few minutes per week on a site like this.

Thus, the "average fan" of which I speak would go to several home games every season.  I have had conversations with more than a few of these kinds of fans (who make up a significant part of our fledgling fan base) who notice stuff like this that you and other "football purists" deem inconsequential.

I have no idea who these so-called "average fans" you're supposedly talking to are but if they highly rate the color of seats and a closed off upper deck they are hardly "average fans", even in relationship to this board, and they definitely aren't a significant part of our current fan base. We have 17K+ season tickets. How can you rationalize that the majority of our fan base only go to a couple of games a year.

How many games have you been to since they moved to RayJay? Have you even seen what our fan base looks like right now? You really don't have a clue what you're talking about in regards to our situation here ... but you do have a nice way with words.

Like I asked before, if this stuff is so unimportant, why do franchises/universities spend millions on prettying up stadiums/arenas??

How many college stadiums are really that pretty? And as far as pro stadiums go, the aesthetics aren't added for the fans, they're added for the narcisstic owners who want some kind of monument left behind ala the emperors of Rome?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest JulmisteForPrez

Triple_B...

You have a wonderfully inadequate answer for everything.

Whatever floats your boat.

Your arguments make me more sure of my position than ever.

Guest JulmisteForPrez

And yes....I was at virtually every home game between the years of '98 and '03.

Not that it would take that many games to get a handle on this.....but since you asked.

Funny, I was thinking the exact same thing about you and your "average fan" mumbo jumbo.

Your position that the "average Bulls fan" only goes to a couple of games a year because they have a problem with the empty upper deck and red seats is a beaut ... I'm glad I can reinforce your belief in it.

Guest JulmisteForPrez

Funny, I was thinking the exact same thing about you and your "average fan" mumbo jumbo.

Your position that the "average Bulls fan" only goes to a couple of games a year because they have a problem with the empty upper deck and red seats is a beaut ... I'm glad I can reinforce your belief in it.

And your failure to connect premise with conclusion is ever so helpful in understanding your failure to understand my reasoning.

Can't wait to utilize the new "ignore" feature, and I have no doubt the feeling is mutual.

I'd better stop now before I say something I regret.

Cheerio.

And your failure to connect premise with conclusion is ever so helpful in understanding your failure to understand my reasoning.

If I failed it's because the reasoning you've presented on this thread is flawed.

Can't wait to utilize the new "ignore" feature, and I have no doubt the feeling is mutual.

Mutual? No way. I think you're entertaining. I get a kick out of know-it-alls who say stuff like...

[highlight]Football is what I care about[/highlight].
... And then go on about the color of the seats and the empty upper level. No, I'll not be ignoring you.

I'd better stop now before I say something I regret.

You're not going to tell nuke and I to hire ourselves out as consultants to stadium builders again, are you? That was pretty mean...

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  1,812
  • Days Won:  0

Trip, I am game lets start designing. I am sure we can put these guys out of business ;)

http://www.hoksport.com/projects/index.html

• Content Count:  928

Wow, since this thread has gotten so heated over the weekend, naturally I thought I'd revive it and throw in my $.02

Both you guys are wrong and both you guys are right.

To the average fan, stadium appearance does matter when making that first trip to the first game but should not have nearly the same significance when leaving the game. Thus appearance and on-field product are both important.

How do I know this? I am taking this from my personal experiences. My first game - as a casual fan - against McNeese St. was a little disappointing to walk into because the only way I knew we were walking into a bulls game was the people wearing the gear tailgating...it sure wasn't the HUGE bucs logo or banners of NFL players. I was hooked as a more than casual fan as soon as I saw game and final score.

In conclusion, why not get the best of both worlds? The on field product will win over more fans much more quick but bulls banners and such will help create atmosphere and the much needed tradition until we have 30K season ticket holders. I agree with whoever said that it's not the color of the seats but the color of the shirt on the fan in the seat...but until we TURN the stadium green as fans, why not cover up the red a little?

In conclusion part 2, Nothing about RJS says college football until the game starts.

• Content Count:  642

What did I start...?

Let's just all show up at the RAYJAY this year and be better fans than we ever have before.

What did I start...?

Let's just all show up at the RAYJAY this year and be better fans than we ever have before.

Lock the thread with that.   :GoBulls

Archived