• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

QB - Troy Dannehower

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Dual-threat quarterback

Daytona Beach (FL) Seabreeze

Ht: 6-foot-1

Wt: 215 lbs

Dannehower and Houston talk about visit to UF  

By Cody Jones

GatorCountry.com

Posted Apr 2, 2007

Last weekend Gainesville played host to two of Volusia county’s finest junior prospects. Daytona Beach Seabreeze quarterback Troy Dannehower and running back Leroy Houston were present at Saturday’s junior day and enjoyed what Gainesville had to offer. They both took time to talk with us about their visits, as well as updating their recruiting process.

Troy Dannehower made the trip to Gainesville on Saturday for Florida’s Junior Day to see what the school had to offer. What the Seabreeze quarterback saw left him very impressed.

“The trip was good,†Dannehower said. “I got to watch practice and talk to coaches a lot. It was their first day in pads, so it was cool to see them hit a little bit. They’re a very young team but I think they show a lot of promise. I also got to see the national championship trophy.â€Â

“I got to meet the quarterbacks coach (Dan Mullen),†Dannehower said. “It was also good to talk to Billy Gonzales. He’s been recruiting my area for a while, so I got to talk some more with him.â€Â

The 6-1, 210 pound quarterback prospect also says that he is very interested in Florida, however also understands the depth chart that the quarterback position already possesses.

“Florida is definitely high on my list,†Dannehower said. “They just have a lot of quarterbacks right now. There’s going to be competition anywhere though, so that isn’t a big deal to me.â€Â

“Outside of Florida, right now I’d say I’m interested in Florida, Louisville, LSU, Tennessee, and USF,†Dannehower said. “The only team that has offered me from those is USF.â€Â

In the near future, Dannehower has a list of visits he would like to take as he continues to go through the recruiting process.

“Miami has their spring game coming soon, so I may go down there,†Dannehower said. “I’ll probably go to the USF spring game too. Tennessee has also been talking to me a little bit, saying that they want me to come see their spring game, too.â€Â

As Dannehower looks at the Florida offense, he also sees where his 4.8 speed can fit into Urban Meyer’s offense.

“Well they threw the ball quite a bit last year with Leak,†Dannehower said. “I think they will run the ball a little bit more this season. I’m a mobile quarterback, so I think I fit in well.â€Â

http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=107&p=2&c=632001

Does anybody know if he made it to the game?

• Content Count:  10,219
  • Days Won:  0

he was not at the game.  no one reported seeing him

• Content Count:  928
  • Days Won:  0

No one reported seeing me there but I was!

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

I'm guessing this kid is the brother of USF Redshirt Freshman Baseball Pitcher, Gib Dannehower, also from Daytona Beach Seabreeze High.  Gib is listed at 6'4, so this family has some serious size.  Hopefully this bodes well for us in landing this QB.

Archived