• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Seth on Rome

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  594
  • Days Won:  0

Seth's talking about the massacre. Apparently his daughter (dunno if anyone remembers her, she's a freshman now) lives in the dorm right next door to where it all started yesterday. How horrible.

Fortunately she's fine and so are all of Seth's players.

Edit: He's suggesting violent video games promote this kind of thing.

"This is my university. This is a special place. This is not reflective of this university. This is reflective of a sick individual. First and foremost we have to help our students. "

"I wouldn't waste an ounce of time worrying about [whether school should have been locked down after the first shooting]. Let's use our energies on helping the people that need it most."

"We've dealt with a lot of tragedy here at Virginia Tech. Appreciate the little things, because you never know -- those young people in those classes, all they were doing was the right thing. Embracing the ability to get an education. You love your players, and let 'em know you're there for 'em. It's all you can do."

• Content Count:  1,528

I immediately thought of Seth when I heard the news. Listening to him on Rome now. Sounds like he is taking a strong supportive stand for VaTech.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,490
  • Days Won:  13

he's a good guy, sad story for all involved.

• Content Count:  2,511

Edit: He's suggesting violent video games promote this kind of thing.

If he is suggesting violent video games promote this kind of thing, then Seth is a idiot.  Where were the video games when that student at UT back in 1966  started shooting people from the bell tower?  That guy was in the Marines, so should we blame the military for that incident?

There are plenty of people who play violent video games, and probably a good percentage of them do not even own guns, or would consider owning guns.

This is a tragedy, and that shooter was just plain nuts.  There is not much you can do about crazy people.

Sometimes it is just your time.  It does not matter if you are in the middle of the Bronx NYC, Ybor City in Tampa, or the mountain town of Blacksburg VA.  Hiding in a closet for the rest of your life is wasting your life.  It is  just life, and life is not always fair.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  163

also--- the shooter was not a video game playet according to his roomates

• 2 weeks later...
Guest JulmisteForPrez

EA Sports NCAA Football becomes violent when I run up the score into the triple digits against the Bulls' opponents.

Archived