• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Heath interested... Call him already!!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  433
  • Days Won:  0

anyone stop to think why he was fired? there has to be a reason. You just don't up and fire a coach who won 20 games and went to the tourney

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

anyone stop to think why he was fired? there has to be a reason. You just don't up and fire a coach who won 20 games and went to the tourney

He was fired because Arkansas is more fickle than even our fans.  They want Gillespie, even at the cost of an NCAA tournament caliber coach.  Their fans are bragging on every message board that they are getting BG.

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  387

He's an excellent recruiter. He was fired because he didn't get past the first round in the NCAA for two straight years. I believe most Bulls fans would be pretty happy with that for starters.

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

He's an excellent recruiter. He was fired because he didn't get past the first round in the NCAA for two straight years. I believe most Bulls fans would be pretty happy with that for starters.

I agree with you absolutely.  Getting into the NCAA tourney is the first step.  We need to have more wins than losses.  

Heath seems like a good fit for USF.  He has been head coach in a BCS conference, which is what we need.  RMC's comment about (albeit sour grapes) that "If he knew USF was going to be going to the BE he wouldn't have taken the job" makes me believe that we need this guy.  

• Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  1,261

Velcro - The article was from today and says as of "Tuesday" Heath had not been contacted.

Maybe he was on Tuesday night.

None the less approximately 24 hours passed and we haven't attempted to contact him.

If you don't get involved early you may not have a chance to get involved.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Again, as I said earlier on, DW coming to us from basketball has to know what he is doing.  Please give the guy a break.

Totally agree with you there. DW has done this before, so people shouldn't be getting on his case right now. He may very well have contacted Stan Heath by now.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Velcro - The article was from today and says as of "Tuesday" Heath had not been contacted.

Maybe he was on Tuesday night.

None the less approximately 24 hours passed and we haven't attempted to contact him.

If you don't get involved early you may not have a chance to get involved.

We don't know what time of day that Heath's quote was taken. The Tribune could have talked to him in the morning and DW could have spoken to him in the afternoon. DW may have spoken to Heath already and we just don't know about it. Patience!

• Topic Count:  236
  • Content Count:  1,797

Omni:

You're the one that pointed out that all these coaches have agents.  It's possible Woolard contacted Heath's agent.  It's also possible that Woolard is vetting Heath by talking with coaches and ADs first before he makes contact.

At the surface level, where all of us who post on this board reside, Heath does look like a great fit.  I would be happy with him.  But I still trust Woolard to hire the best coach possible.

Normal

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

and another possibility is that they have talked and have agreed to keep it on the DL.  We aren't going to know much about our coaching search until the actual hiring happens.  Reporters are going to try and get the scoop, but it won't be coming from Doug, and I doubt you'll hear all that much from anyone.