• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Construction On Campus

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  502
  • Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

I've noticed that there is a LOT of construction going on campus recently. The new MC (whatever happened to that webcam?), the new ROTC building, new building(s) in the medical area, and just today I saw some construction going on by engineering.

On top of that, I have read on MLS.com's message board (astrobull21, I think you post here) about possibly some renovations to the soccer stadium and there are those images of the new baseball stadium floating around here. Anything more on these projects or others? It's really exciting to see all of these changes happening. Both for the sports and the athletics.  :)

(Try not to mention an OCS!)

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  166
  • Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

I believe we'll have an OCS by 2015, and not much sooner.

Which is good for our fan base.

Imagine it - our 20th year of football begins with our first game in our own stadium...

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  3,103
  • Days Won:  0

if i'm not mistaken we will starting building the new softball stadium this summer, and the new soccer and track stadium is already fully paid for, so that should be happening sometime soon as well.

• Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  307

The first floor of the new ROTC building will be open for the first day of school this fall.  It will used by the school as well as the ROTC programs for scheduling classes.  The remaining 3 floors will open in early October, and will house the three ROTC programs and conduct all of their classes and training.  The three programs are going to start a joint curriculum, and USF will be the first school in the nation to host this curriculum.  We're basically a guinea pig, and if it goes well it is expected that the program will be expanded to other schools where all three branches are represented.  We even have our own General now stationed on campus to oversee the program and the building construction.

Guest JulmisteForPrez
I believe we'll have an OCS by 2015, and not much sooner.

Which is good for our fan base.

Imagine it - our 20th year of football begins with our first game in our own stadium...

I seriously doubt it will be by 2015.

I hope you're right, though.

• Topic Count:  205
  • Content Count:  2,187
  • Days Won:  2

What's being built by the engineering area? I saw they fenced off that whole area plus a parking lot.

• Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  307

What's being built by the engineering area? I saw they fenced off that whole area plus a parking lot.

Ditto...anyone know?  I know they plan on putting a huge new dorm out there..but i thought i was going in the parking lot...

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  509

OCS!

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  127

http://usfweb2.usf.edu/FacilitiesPlan/Projects/current.html

A couple of projects going on around engineering.  Check out the map.