• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Interesting Stuff from Greg's Blog

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890
  • Days Won:  0

not having Ford in the DC is not a big surpise. CJL is going to make him EARN a spot on the depth chart

• Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890

He mentions the depth chart and Ricky Ponton now being listed under Ben Williams and Aston Samuels at RB.  Mike Ford isn't listed yet, and there is no mention of Mo Plancher.  

:link :link :link :link

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,472
  • Days Won:  35

I am hopeful all of this discussion will be moot and Ford will be the one carrying the rock for us next year. Obviously, I want the best man for the job, but from what we have seen from everyone so far (Samuels excluded) Ford is our biggest hope with the greatest upside.

• Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  1,260

Let's hope Mike Ford ends up being as good as advertised. Having said that, I'd like to see what Samuels has to offer. We know what we have in B. Williams...he's a capable back, but lacks much flash and the escapability that Ande Hall spoiled us with. Even with Ford, we definitely will need another back to get us through our schedule. For those who frequented practices last year, any idea who has the best hands in that backfield? It'd be nice to see us work our backs into space in the passing game more frequently; to take advantage of some of those linebacker matchups.

• Topic Count:  963
  • Content Count:  9,765
  • Days Won:  9

I imagine each one will get plenty of time in the spring, and especially the fall prior to Elon.  

• Topic Count:  963
  • Content Count:  9,765
  • Days Won:  9

if ponton remains a bull i will be surprised

no redshirt freshman ahead of williams???

usf needs to recruit better talent

Ponton doesn't have many choices.  He's already burned his RS year plus two seasons, so if he transferred to another 1A school before the season, he'd lose another year and have only one left.  His only real options are to stay and tough it out or to go Division 1AA.  

Its not like USF didn't give him every option to start and be the primary leader going into last year.

As far as the better talent, what is Mike Ford??

• Topic Count:  2,696
  • Content Count:  6,928

As much as I like Williams, he better not start the Auburn game......

I have said since last spring that Samuels will be a big time player.  He and Ford could be a great thunder lightning combo...

Yeah! Auburn is > than ecu......