• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Tommy Amaker Fired.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  549
  • Days Won:  0

Then why dismiss anyone?

Throw the names of all these great coaches(Amaker, Lavin, Gillen, Lappas, Barnum, Bailey) in a hat and see who wins the "my money is running out and I need another chance" sweepstakes.

Amaker did very poorly at Michigan, and people think he is going to do better in the BigEast?  Good luck with that.  How could someone think that he will be set up better to succeed here than at Michigan?

Yours is an exception to the rule.  To not use a coaches history as a measuring tool is not a good idea.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  226
  • Content Count:  3,574

I wouldn't say he did poorly.

Poor for Michigan’s standards...  anything would be a positive for USF.

I think that's where the difference is Harvey.  If we were UL... then yea, this would not be a good move.

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  549

...anything would be a positive for USF.

See, I think that's where you might be screwing up.  It seems like a cycle of mediocrity.  If you have no standards and no expectations to live up to, you're aiming waaay too low.

I read on here how not making the NCAA's at least every once in a while should be unacceptable, yet it will be much harder for Amaker to make it in the BE than the BigTen.  He's not taking you dancing.  If you're alright with that, and all you want out of your hoops coach is that he's a nice guy, then I understand accepting failure.  But if USF is serious at all about making the dance and just competing in the BE, then the standards have to be completely obliterated and rebuilt even higher by someone who knows how to do it.

The Bulls need a young hungry go-getter with built-in expectations, IMO.  Not a coach that knows how to BS an apathetic fanbase and is literally running out of food and looking for a sunny payday.

I look at Amaker a little like Davis from IU to UAB.  When UAB got him, it was like a big exhale from Davis.  Expectations are lowered, the fans feel lucky to have him, and you could almost hear Davis saying, "gee, it feels great not to have to work as hard down here."  That's the last thing I want for USF.

I may be a Louisville fan first, but man I want the Bulls right up there with them in the BE.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,416
  • Days Won:  43

Since when is making the NIT bad for USF??? Point taken.

Since when is making the NIT bad for USF??? Point taken.

Harvey... you see, we need to start somewhere.

Getting Amaker would be a huge upgrade right about now.

Is he my number 1 candidate, no... Top 5, not sure.

But we, as fans, don’t even know how much will be spent on a coach.  This is why we are excited to hear what DW does with this “money†situation.

And it's not about having low expectations... we are as low as we can get.

We can only go up from here and Amaker would be a start.