• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The men's bball roster. Any hope?

Guest BasketBull.

Guest BasketBull.

The new coach, whoever he/she will be, is going to get:

Curry, Dante    RFr. [G]

Holmes, Aaron  So.  [G]

Howard, Chris  So.   [PG]

Sakka, Amu So. [F]

Bozeman, Solomon    So. [G/PG]

Cann, Zaronn  RSo [F]

Verdejo, Jesus Jr. [G]

Williams, Aris Jr. [F]

Gransberry, Kentrell   Sr. [C]

Lovett, Eddie  Sr. [G]  <----- he is on scholarship, right?

------------------

10 scholarship players

Dominique Jones [G] (verbal) (?)

Looks like we will need to pick up a few Jucos, a center and a point guard. And if Jones reneges, we could use a forward.

I think with luck (picking up some quality Jucos for depth), the new coaching staff could make the Big East Tourney.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  226
  • Content Count:  3,574
  • Days Won:  0

Dominique Jones [G] (verbal) (?)

He signed during the early period... though I believe he can ask for a release since Mac was fired.

Don't forget Holmes... the transfer from FSU.  He'll be eligible in December (like Jesus and Gransberry)

• Topic Count:  226
  • Content Count:  3,574

USFan... (not on topic here) but did it hurt when the blue kids lose last night? How bad?

I had a similar question earlier (from mid-Atlantic bull)... I'm copying and pasting that response.

Anyway... I hope that I answered your roster question.

haha. Yea... it was tough.

You know... I wasn't a fan until I stepped into Cameron Indoor.  However, things changed big time after watching a game in there.  The experience does live up to its hype… that's for sure.

It's a young team and they'll (we'll) get better.  It's amazing how people in the US are enjoying this Duke loss.  The hate is unreal.  It's like the NY Yankees.

HOWEVER... if USF was in their position and USF lost that game... I think I would be in complete denial right now (Insert UConn football game of 2005).

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,911

Imagine we had Zabian Dowdell.  Guy is from Florida and went to Blacksburg, VA.  Can't say i really blame him, seems to have made the right choice.  

We need Gregg marsall, Winthrop is going to beat Oregon and walk to the sweet 16.  He can turn our roster into winners.  

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  1,913
  • Days Won:  2

Velcro, hard to imagine new coach not signing at least one frontcourt player this spring. Wouldn't want to go into next year with Cann and Williams, both coming back from major injuries, as the only power forwards/backup centers. I doubt a new coach would use all three available scholarships (which would leave him only one to use next season) but I'm sure one or two will be used on juco frontline players when the spring signing period starts next month.

Eddie Lovett is not on scholarship, and Holmes will be a redshirt freshman next season. I talked with Dominique Jones' high school coach this week, and he's shown no signs of wanting a release from his scholarship after the coaching change. He'll wait to see who the new coach is, but his plan right now is to be at USF this fall.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

I hope the new coach can bring in some Juco's, but the longer this coaching search goes, the less likely the person brought in will be anything more than a warm body (aka frane or diarra).  We could use 2 or 3 extra bigs, if they are decent, but i doubt there is enough left out there to pick up more than 1 quality PF, if that.  I hope i'm wrong there.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

Velcro, hard to imagine new coach not signing at least one frontcourt player this spring. Wouldn't want to go into next year with Cann and Williams, both coming back from major injuries, as the only power forwards/backup centers. I doubt a new coach would use all three available scholarships (which would leave him only one to use next season) but I'm sure one or two will be used on juco frontline players when the spring signing period starts next month.

Eddie Lovett is not on scholarship, and Holmes will be a redshirt freshman next season. I talked with Dominique Jones' high school coach this week, and he's shown no signs of wanting a release from his scholarship after the coaching change. He'll wait to see who the new coach is, but his plan right now is to be at USF this fall.

Greg, any realistic chance at all of Scott or the kid from HCC still being a viable option?

• Topic Count:  963
  • Content Count:  9,765
  • Days Won:  9

With Gransberry on the front line, anything is possible.  He should be a 20/10 guy next year every game.  We need one more scorer from that bunch, and a bunch of role players that can occasionally score.  Maybe Verdejo will wake up and play ball next year.  What a waste of a year.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

With Gransberry on the front line, anything is possible.  He should be a 20/10 guy next year every game.  [highlight]We need one more scorer from that bunch, [/highlight]and a bunch of role players that can occasionally score.  Maybe Verdejo will wake up and play ball next year.  What a waste of a year.

Get some more muscle on Saaka and I can invision him taking over a Mattis type roll...