• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Will USF invest...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

One thing that was going to be part of the improvements to the Sun Dome that I haven't seen discussed is the building of the practice facility. I believe the area immediately North of the Dome is going to be the location of the facility. Is there any timetable to begin construction on that? That would seem to be something a new coach would want sooner, rather than later.

• Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  1,158
  • Days Won:  0

The SunDome renovation and the basketball facility are separate projects.  As soon as funding is in place for either we will break ground as soon as possible.  The practive facility will have to come almost solely from private contributions.  The SunDome can be renovated using various sources such as naming rights, increased SunDome profits from other events, and contributions.

Eric

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

are we going to spend the $$$$$

And remember that USF invests from funds [highlight]WE[/highlight] donate  8-)

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

One thing that was going to be part of the improvements to the Sun Dome that I haven't seen discussed is the building of the practice facility. I believe the area immediately North of the Dome is going to be the location of the facility. Is there any timetable to begin construction on that? That would seem to be something a new coach would want sooner, rather than later.

i am no Bball purists...why can't the team practice in the place they play the sundome?

i am no Bball purists...why can't the team practice in the place they play the sundome?

The floor is taken apart at times during the season when the Sun Dome has an event (like concerts) that is not basketball related. The only practice option from there is the Corral.

The practice facility would be a huge upgrade over the Corral.

• Topic Count:  226
  • Content Count:  3,574

Why not upgrade the Corral?

I always wondered why we talk about a practice facility and not about upgrading the Corral.

I always assumed that the Corral was where they practiced.

I know Volleyball has their games in there... and WBB used to play their games in there.

I believe the proposed practice facility on the North side of the Dome was to have 2 courts. I'm not sure that you can expand the Corral out much further without getting into the parking lot. I also believe that the new practice facility was going to have meeting rooms, coaches offices, etc for both the Men and Women, but that was a long time ago and I can't find the article on it.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

... I also believe that the new practice facility was going to have meeting rooms, coaches offices, etc for both the Men and Women, ...

It will happen along with MORE fans getting season tix.

• Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  1,158

The Corral gets used for a lot of things.  In addition to Volleyball games and practice, the cheerleaders practice in there when it is available.  Also, the Corral gets booked for outside events.  There are times when our basketball teams, volleyball team, and cheerleaders all have to practice in the Rec Center.

With a basketball facility, they always no where they are going to practice.

Eric