• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Newest Fan of....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,911
  • Days Won:  0

That is great the team is still going.  They were a good group of guys when Reub was the captain and if you ever saw a real lacrosse game it really is exciting.  It is true about going out and playing.  They recruited me for my rare athletic ability :), but my stick handling was like my ice skaing, borderline spazstic.  I should have played defense though and laid some people out.  I would have been better than that loud mouth Boston pansy that was afraid to hit.  LOL

Reuben gump looks like he is making a mental note for his one man party at the end of the night.  

GO Bulls!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

I suggest you learn the history of Title IX before calling it a shame. It was not created soley for athletics, although that is what it is most associated with.

Without Title IX there would be very little to offer in the way of women's athletics (Does it suprise you that NCAA women's athletics were virtually nonexistent before Title IX) The problem is football uses 85 scholarships and  there are no women's programs that come close to that.

Every institution has 3 ways of meeting title IX requires for athletics so it is fairly done.

In Rutgers case, it was WAY more about covering all the money they had put into football than Title IX. The Title IX excuse was a total coverup.

I will take this opportunity to apologize for what I said. I realize it gave women a chance to play sports, which they were not able to do before hand. This has been a personal issue with me, since many of my friends and I were snubbed out of opportunities because of it. I will just leave it at that.

Back to the topic. I am really glad to see such an interest this year in not just the major sports teams at USF but also the club teams as well. I have noticed a large influx of interest in the IceBulls, Lacrosse, Rugby, Water Polo, and Ultimate. It's good for the school to have these programs around representing us well.

• Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  477
  • Days Won:  0

Title IX -- those **** liberals are at again aren't they Smazza.?

What's next "The Family and Medical Leave Act?"

Oh yeah -- we got that pushed through too.

Oh yeah -- we passed that one too.

Guest Rueben_Horowitz

Back to the topic. I am really glad to see such an interest this year in not just the major sports teams at USF but also the club teams as well. I have noticed a large influx of interest in the IceBulls, Lacrosse, Rugby, Water Polo, and Ultimate. It's good for the school to have these programs around representing us well.

Agreed. USF does a fantastic job of supporting club sports.

I found it difficult at first to get the money required to start the lacrosse team, but luckily I sat next to Mike Griffin(old SG Prez) in class and he made sure we got all the money we asked for. Good guy, we appreciated his help.

Rueb