• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Fan's favorites are 2 names: What's your choice?

Guest BasketBull.

Guest BasketBull.

g_lutz_195.jpg

Bobby Lutz has experience and knows how to win. But maybe he's not so fresh and doesn't have the energy that USF needs at this juncture.

http://www.allcoachnetwork.com/lutz/main.html

or

grantlarge.jpg

Anthony Grant is young but lacks the rebuilding experience. Can 1-year of mid-major success make him a winner in the B.E.?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Grant_%28basketball%29

http://vcurams.vcu.edu/generalnew/granthire.html

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,070
  • Days Won:  469

I voted neither...

But I lean closer to Lutz - I'm not sure he's the right guy, but I could be swayed.  Grant on the other hand is still a newbie - not sure he has what it takes to turn this thing around.

I'm holding out hope for some real star power...

Guest JulmisteForPrez

I believe in Grant.

Lutz is a decent coach, but I don't think he has the upside of Anthony Grant.

Plus, he looks a little like the "Bitter Beer Face" guy.

bitterBeerFace.bmp

bobby_lutz1.JPG

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  928
  • Days Won:  0

Can you add option E?

E. Stop making post after post about the exact same topic

Cuz that's my vote

Guest JulmisteForPrez
Can you add option E?

E. Stop making post after post about the exact same topic

Cuz that's my vote

Here's a thought...

Don't click on the threads that are so OBVIOUSLY about this same topic.

Crazy concept, I know.

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  928

I'm obsessed, can't you tell?

• Topic Count:  226
  • Content Count:  3,574

I'm holding out hope for some real star power...

Brad... who do you want?

Names?

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,070
  • Days Won:  469

I just want an estabished coach with a name that people know.  Some have talked about Calipari (big $$), Majerus (who knows??), Lavin (??)...

I am less concerned at this point with one's coaching style as I am with the overall influence they can have on the program (recruiting/coaching) as well as donors, sponsors, etc.

While we are in "dream" stage, I'm going to dream we get a guy that makes me say "wow!", and not "let's hope he's the guy."

That is why I have said before that I hope we go get our guy, and not select from what's available.  Money is going to be a big factor and that is why I was unsure we would make a move with RMc.  We can't bring in anything other than a home run hitter or I believe letting RMc go was all in vain, and not because we were ready to financially commit to a new program.

Again, until I hear otherwise, I will "dream" about bringing in a proven big name that wants to build success in Tampa and the Big East.

Guest JulmisteForPrez
I just want an estabished coach with a name that people know.  Some have talked about Calipari (big $$), Majerus (who knows??), Lavin (??)...

I am less concerned at this point with one's coaching style as I am with the overall influence they can have on the program (recruiting/coaching) as well as donors, sponsors, etc.

While we are in "dream" stage, I'm going to dream we get a guy that makes me say "wow!", and not "let's hope he's the guy."

That is why I have said before that I hope we go get our guy, and not select from what's available.  Money is going to be a big factor and that is why I was unsure we would make a move with RMc.  We can't bring in anything other than a home run hitter or I believe letting RMc go was all in vain, and not because we were ready to financially commit to a new program.

Again, until I hear otherwise, I will "dream" about bringing in a proven big name that wants to build success in Tampa and the Big East.

Sounds like a great plan to me!

Let's do it!!

Winning basketball is a blast.....especially in the conference of all conferences (Big East).

• Topic Count:  226
  • Content Count:  3,574

Lavin may be the guy for you then (I wouldn't mind having him).

DW also talked about the commitment and investment to BBall.  So I hope he does it.