• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

New Coach: Who's on your wish list?

Guest BasketBull.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  35
  • Days Won:  0

I know it sux to pay that kind of money, but we agreed to join the Big East.  So now we have to do what it takes to compete in all sports.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,080

1.  Tampa connection

2.  Ties to USF

2.  Name recognition

3.  Colorful

3.  Proven ability to fill the arena

Two names come to mind:   Leo Anthony Gallagher and Terrance Gene Bollea  

Ggoldwatch.jpg

200px-Hulk_Hogan.jpg

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,669
  • Days Won:  424

1.  Tampa connection

2.  Ties to USF

2.  Name recognition

3.  Colorful

3.  Proven ability to fill the arena

Two names come to mind:   Leo Anthony Gallagher and Terrance Gene Bollea  

Ggoldwatch.jpg

200px-Hulk_Hogan.jpg

Clever ....... except for the fact that Gallagher couldn't fill the arena. Keep trying, though. The law of averages say that one day you're bound to say something humorous.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

usf can do better than a div 2 coach

i am more intrested in what resources DW will committ to Bball.

will softball/ baseball/wBball and the rest of athletics get pushed aside?

I was wondering if commiting resorces to hoops would cause friction with the other coaches. Leavitt wants a mess hall, Lelo and Ken want stadiums and I'm sure Jose won't like mens hoops getting more when he has been doing well of late. At least if they decide to build a practice facility Jose will be able to use it. Hopefully the greater good of the athletic program will prevail.

leavitt's cafeteria is  last on the list

I have a feeling Bobby Lutz will be our next head coach.

I sure hope yopu are right.  I have met the guy and he is outstanding as his record shows.

not lutz

Matt Dougherty, Tom Pecora, Carl Hobbs, Quinn Snyder, Jim Harrick (j/k trip), Fran Fraschilla, Steve Lavin, Anthony Grant, Chris Collins, Steve Wojohowski (sp), Reggie Theus, Scott Sutton, Gregg Marshall, Herman momart (they said they are taking all application)

anyone but Mike Jarvis....please!!

I hate insulting folks on this board and yes I know other folks besides Herm the Worm has said this name but you have to be kidding me MATT DOUGHERTY, that would be the worst move we could make.  he managed to almost ruin UNC basketball by himself and then couldn't hack it at FIU or FAU or whatever powerhouse program he went to.  No way would we hire a guy like him.

i like the younger guys on this list

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,669
  • Days Won:  424

I have a feeling Bobby Lutz will be our next head coach.

I sure hope yopu are right.  I have met the guy and he is outstanding as his record shows.

not lutz

Lutz isn't on your List of 100?? I think we need to see that list...

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

Matt Dougherty, Tom Pecora, Carl Hobbs, Quinn Snyder, Jim Harrick (j/k trip), Fran Fraschilla, Steve Lavin, Anthony Grant, Chris Collins, Steve Wojohowski (sp), Reggie Theus, Scott Sutton, Gregg Marshall, Herman momart (they said they are taking all application)

anyone but Mike Jarvis....please!!

I hate insulting folks on this board and yes I know other folks besides Herm the Worm has said this name but you have to be kidding me MATT DOUGHERTY, that would be the worst move we could make.  he managed to almost ruin UNC basketball by himself and then couldn't hack it at FIU or FAU or whatever powerhouse program he went to.  No way would we hire a guy like him.

Herm the Worm, you must be known for your sense of humor.  but i hate to insult people who really do not know anything about college basketball.  But Matt Dougherty single handily turned around Notre Dame basketball, remember that?  Probably not.  He also recruited the WHOLE UNC TEAM THAT WON THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP (except marvin williams).  I wouldnt call that almost ruining UNC, not even close.  For some reason his couldnt win when his recruits were young and the fans called for his head.  Thats why he was fired,  but the man can recruit his ass off and would be the best coach to ever coach us in the sundome....BY FAR.  

Personally, i want Reggie Theus, but Matt Dougherty would exceed my expectations.  

Dougherty's only season as their coach they posted a 22-15 record and advanced to the finals of the NIT.  Is this the guy you are talking about that "single handed" turned ND basketball around.  Ok and I don't know college basketball.

and yes I try at humor - hard to rhyme Herm with alot of things.   ;)

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

Oh and by the way Dougherty just signed with SMU so I doubt he is leaving there.