• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What Happened? (BaseBULLS)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Content Count:  1,254
  • Days Won:  0

i205905339_9085.gif

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  82
  • Content Count:  1,254

Although I must say I'm enjoying watching Gator's basketball getting destroyed right now.

Guest Sprtsfn627

We choked at an epic proportion.  But, I will say I noticed one thing.

Last game I went to was a few years ago against UCF.  We had no fight, and nobody looked like they cared.  Tonight was very, very different.  Even down 5 runs in the 9th, the guys were cheering each other on and staying in the game.  I must say that I am happy with that change.

By the way, in case you didn't go...the stands were packed, and there were people all down the first and third base lines.  I could barely see the game.  We really need that new stadium soon!

• Topic Count:  205
  • Content Count:  2,187
  • Days Won:  2

That game was crazy. How about the fog in the 9th? It was a hard loss, especialy having to hear those obnoxious Gaytor fans as we left.

It was nice meeting all of you SBC people though.

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  3,103

hey ctbrown, good to meet you as well.  the pitching was down right horrible in the top of the 9th, we just couldn't get a stop.  and i almost fought some uf dad, his kid kept talking ****, so instead of talking **** to the kid i went to the dad, he looked like an overaged flsportsfan, just as dumb with nothing to say.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  136

Okay so I don't think we should have pitched to an All-American with 1st base open, but we had him 0-2.  All the pitcher had to do was keep the ball out of the zone and that LaPorta hit opened the flood gates.

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  959

sucks

• Topic Count:  963
  • Content Count:  9,765
  • Days Won:  9

Gotta pitch to LaPorta in that situation.  Remember if you walk him, you're putting on the winning run with only one out.  We had him at 0-2, after he looked silly on a great breaking ball.  The next pitch was meat.  I think it was a ball that just didn't break and he crushed it into the gap.  That was huge.  

But we still had a chance to get out of the inning tied up.  Otero was just rattled it seemed.  The bases loaded triple pretty much ended any chance to win that game.  And even after that he served up another gapper to plate the other run.  Just not his night.  

Alot of people will second guess bringing Otero in the game in the first place.  I know I questioned it when he came in.  Sanford pitched a good 7th, why not keep him in there another inning then try Yuri?

Just a tough loss.  Hopefully this team will put it behind them fast, because we need to win the series against Central Michigan.  Matt Quevedo deserved a better fate after battling into the 6th.  Need Daniel Thomas to pick us up on Friday if he gets the starting nod.  

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  545

hey ctbrown, good to meet you as well.  the pitching was down right horrible in the top of the 9th, we just couldn't get a stop.  and i almost fought some uf dad, his kid kept talking ****, so instead of talking **** to the kid i went to the dad, he looked like an overaged flsportsfan, just as dumb with nothing to say.

Andy there is no need to say that.  Are you trying to start something?  Plus Randy is a hell of a lot smarter than that guy...he wasn't wearing UF crap.

It is one game tho...our freshman pitched well and I can understand Lelo wanting to get the win bad for all the fans but sometimes you just have to stick with your normal guys who have been winning all year.

That being said I think we have a great year and guys remember we are still 9-2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

wow I got called stupid by a guy who has been at USF for 7 years and will leave with one degree. Stutter along Mr. FraFraFrankle.