• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  151
  • Content Count:  2,719
  • Days Won:  0

That is what you get when you join the Bull Backers.  Many of you ask why you should join the bull Backers.  Well, how about camaraderie?  We have a great tailgate, we are planning a trip for the South Carolina away game, along with a tailgate there, watch parties and an end of the year picnic.  This is only the beginning.  If we continue to grow (9 new members in the last two months), then we can start having our own luncheons or golf outings (not tourneys) and who knows what else.  We are a small group now but can become something bigger and better if you just give us a try AND participate in our events.  

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

good luck

make it great

go bulls!

• Topic Count:  515
  • Content Count:  7,379
  • Days Won:  3

Gene,

No offense, but wouldnt and dont we have that anyway with the people who contribute to the boards.... Does there need to be a dues paying "club"?

Just wondering. I know I've made many of friends on these boards and welcome most people on these boards to tailgate at any time.

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  1,480

Leavitation,

This board is great as a virtual club and source of Bulls info. In some occations I'm sure that will translate to meeting people outside of the net however the Bulls Backers is specifically trying to give Bulls fans avenues to socialize and support our Bulls in person. As of now we not only have tailgates and watch parties but we are planning an auto "stampede" up to the south carolina game which will also include a taigate prior to the game. As bullsmania mentioned, we are also working on regular happy hour get togethers, golf outings, club picnicks and several other events.

So basically while this board is awesome I don't see the Bull Backers and this board being similar in anyway other then they both are common ground for Bull fans, instead I think they are great compliments to each other.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Don't forget, not for profit.... just another way to support your bulls.  

• Topic Count:  515
  • Content Count:  7,379
  • Days Won:  3

Leavitation,

This board is great as a virtual club and source of Bulls info. In some occations I'm sure that will translate to meeting people outside of the net however the Bulls Backers is specifically trying to give Bulls fans avenues to socialize and support our Bulls in person. As of now we not only have tailgates and watch parties but we are planning an auto "stampede" up to the south carolina game which will also include a taigate prior to the game. As bullsmania mentioned, we are also working on regular happy hour get togethers, golf outings, club picnicks and several other events.

So basically while this board is awesome I don't see the Bull Backers and this board being similar in anyway other then they both are common ground for Bull fans, instead I think they are great compliments to each other.

Sorry, everytime this comes up I see to be the thorn in the side.

Sure this board is a virtual world but its pretty simple to organize tailgates, watchparties, and caravans by simply posting on the board "Hey we are meeting here or doing such and such".  Do I really have to give you money to be invited?

Besides, doesnt the Athletic Association still sponsor tailgates and watchparties for most away games?

Nope, you don't have to pay but then that would be the case for any social organization wouldn't it?

We are trying to provide some additional activities the AA doesn't provide (can there be enough support in the community?) and while you can also put these together yourself, doing so successfully (as we have discovered) is quite a challenge over a message board and never turns out as simple as...were doing this come join us.

One thing your also missing is that the club is a great way to centralize fans ideas to promote our Bulls, we don't have much say in what the AA does but in the club anyone who joins can work on creative ideas. Yes again it can be done on the message board BUT as many of us got burned on just such an idea (remember the trophy for the team?) I think this is a much better way to go. If you want to join a group of people where you can not only attend activities but can be a creative force in coming up with new ideas, activites etc... then that is a benefit of the Bull Backers.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

leavitation- you a thorne? nah

i don't disagree with you on this one

Interesting, I guess I never really expected a contraversey behind creating an entity who's sole purpose is to generate interest in the Bulls  :-/

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

There is no controversy BH...  you either like the idea or don't.  Some people don't for whatever reason.  

Doesn't really matter if they do or not... as long as they are happy.  BBC will continue to grow, as will the Bull Nation.  

;D ;D