• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

We need to support the Bull Ring

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  44
  • Days Won:  0

I went to the Bull Ring today for lunch and saw that they are cutting their hours and times.  Rumor is that they are not doing well.  

I know that we have all had our share of bad experiences at the Bull Ring, but it is hard to staff good employees when there is no revenue to pay them because of low sales.  Fact is, they have really good food and could use some help on the service.  

We need to support the only TRUE place set up for us Bulls fans.  Zimbo pays big dollars to support the Bulls by advertising and decorating for US!!!!!!  The coaches and players are always there, and we are not.  In anyother city/college town, fans would love to have a place that they could call their own.  Fans would love to have a place where they could socialize and even have a beer with player, coaches and administration.

Just a thought.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  226
  • Content Count:  3,574

For some reason... I think they should be right ACROSS campus.  Somehow.

I think that they are just too "far" from USF.

JMHO

• Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  1,479

I went to the Bull Ring today for lunch and saw that they are cutting their hours and times.  Rumor is that they are not doing well.  

I know that we have all had our share of bad experiences at the Bull Ring, but it is hard to staff good employees when there is no revenue to pay them because of low sales.  Fact is, they have really good food and could use some help on the service.  

We need to support the only TRUE place set up for us Bulls fans.  Zimbo pays big dollars to support the Bulls by advertising and decorating for US!!!!!!  The coaches and players are always there, and we are not.  In anyother city/college town, fans would love to have a place that they could call their own.  Fans would love to have a place where they could socialize and even have a beer with player, coaches and administration.

Just a thought.

Its the only "true" place set up by name. The Clubhouse is a HUGE supporter of USF. And from my understanding was the host of some of the earliest watch parties for football(not sure on that though).  And I've seen coaches at the Clubhouse before. Sorry, just wanted to point that out, there is enough of a population to support both places.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  869

Can't speak from experience from eating there since it opened.  It was a HOPS when I was in school and the closest place I always went to was the Copper Top.

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  44

Let the Clubhouse start kicking some dollars towards our beloved Bulls, then you can call them a HUGE supporter of USF.  To my knowledge, they aren't kicking any money in that direction.  I agree that the Greenery, Coppertop(?) and closer places are good college hangouts, but I'm talking strictly USF SPORTS!!!!!!!  Give me a better supporter.  Give me someone who gives back...LITERALLY $$$.

It seems that we always make excuses to go to other places for whatever reason.  Clubhouse, Greenery, Peabody's and etc. can't compare with the quality of food or the support level towards the Bulls.  Sorry, but no excuses.  I'm from Blacksburg, VA originally and the fan's there ONLY support places that $$upport the Hokies.  

You give, you take, you ultimately recieve.  We need all of the donor money we can get.  No excuses.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Rumor is that they are not doing well.

Not too surprising considering the location. That is just not a good part of town, especially once the sun goes down.

• Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  1,479

Let the Clubhouse start kicking some dollars towards our beloved Bulls, then you can call them a HUGE supporter of USF.  To my knowledge, they aren't kicking any money in that direction.  I agree that the Greenery, Coppertop(?) and closer places are good college hangouts, but I'm talking strictly USF SPORTS!!!!!!!  Give me a better supporter.  Give me someone who gives back...LITERALLY $$$.

It seems that we always make excuses to go to other places for whatever reason.  Clubhouse, Greenery, Peabody's and etc. can't compare with the quality of food or the support level towards the Bulls.  Sorry, but no excuses.  I'm from Blacksburg, VA originally and the fan's there ONLY support places that $$upport the Hokies.  

You give, you take, you ultimately recieve.  We need all of the donor money we can get.  No excuses.

I've been there, but not a lot.(Student budget and dont live near campus) but people on here have complained about service/food, etc at the Bull Ring before. People arent going to hand money to a restauraunt thats been open about a year just because it has Bulls in the name if the service is horrible etc. To be fair, there have been people that have said that the owner is responsive and listens to people's complaints.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  13

To be fair i had a beer and a burger and the food was hot and fresh and was cheap. Their service was average.

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  3,103

to be honest, Clubhouse is the official watch party of USF Football, the owner Mike is an awesome guy and always makes sure that the Bulls football game comes before all others, and during games, the place is always packed with Bulls fans.  i do not know for a fact if they donate money to USF, but they have always been a friend to USF Athletics, and have been a supporter of the school, and i know that USF will not lose them as a place to go to watch Bulls games, just too much history there.