• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Football: I`m looking past Elon !

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

This is not disrespect to Elon, but if we don't win this game by at least 35-40 points something is seriously wrong.  We are supposed to be a top 25 or nearly top 25 team.  Top 30 1-A teams don't let the Elons hang around.  Again, no disrepect to Elon, but that is the way it SHOULD be.  This should be reminiscent of the 51-10 against FAU.  

By the way, Army is a lot better than Elon, and that was our worst year ever.  Also FIU is a 1-A team, not 1-AA and they played several teams tough at the beginning of year before eventually falling apart after losing a bunch of players to the UM brawl.

No disrespect taken, Im not expecting a win From Elon.  I look at the game as more of a guage on our talent level and how closley we can hang in.  1 reason i like this game is its our first against a bowl league so it means were moving up in prestege. 2 it has a little history with us playing each other in your first few years of existance and both sides wanting a little revenge. 3, well its the start of footballl season and what better reason then that.  On that note there still is a little voice in the back of my head that says WIN WIN WIN, and we are the phoenix and do rise from ashes so who knows ........... ;)

Understand, you want your team to win whoever they play.  So forgive us if we if we "look past" you guys, we're looking to knock of Auburn in week 2.  I am sure your guys will play their guts out, being  their first game against 1-A team.  Can't say I have followed Elon to close.  How are you guys expected to do this year.  What should we look for...

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,673
  • Days Won:  29

No doubt both sides of the ball will be simple ... our talent will WIN ... brut force, not schemes - especially from our new OC.

Our QB and WR level is much higher and will excel! Hoping we throw the ball about 35 times, especially with Gregory behind Center. Want hm to get reps!

We'll see 5-6 RB's with carries and probably 3 over 100 Yards !

Want to keep Elon under 100 Total Yards & ZERO Points !  :o

Go BULLS !!!

We have season ticket holders that look past this game and only attend because they already paid some $25 per ticket. And don't confuse a fan's thought with a team's thought. This is the only game I am not thinking like a player or coach. I am expecting a very relaxing and enjoyable game with lots of highlights and views of our newer and younger BULLS.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  41
  • Days Won:  0

Were looking to finish mid conf i think.  There are a lot of things up in the air right now.  Our senior QB is out, so we have a red shirted freshman in, though it was possible he was going to be fighting for that top spot.  We lost a few good D players to graduation... one of them is playing for the jag's next year.  Coach does have a fe wtricks up his sleave and this Elon team has been known to surpirse, but with this new coach were still learning what his tendences are so for a prediction on a pass/run game or what too look for i cannot really say

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  928
  • Days Won:  0

Were looking to finish mid conf i think.  There are a lot of things up in the air right now.  Our senior QB is out, so we have a red shirted freshman in, though it was possible he was going to be fighting for that top spot.  We lost a few good D players to graduation... one of them is playing for the jag's next year.  Coach does have a fe wtricks up his sleave and this Elon team has been known to surpirse, but with this new coach were still learning what his tendences are so for a prediction on a pass/run game or what too look for i cannot really say

That could be the best thing to every happen to you all...trust us!

Thanks for posting on our board.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

usf better not look past elam and better play to win

I agree 100%. He could kick our ass without breaking a sweat if we overlook him ....

story.elam.ap.jpg