• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Grade this recuiting class!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403
  • Days Won:  0

Hey, look at that, I've got 3 stars now...oh, if only I had 1 more star so maybe people would think I'm a better poster...

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Hey, look at that, I've got 3 stars now...oh, if only I had 1 more star so maybe people would think I'm a better poster...

windbane, don't worry you are a star here on the BullPen board.   ;)

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  937

the thing about stars is thats how well they played in HS, the only thing that matters is how well they play @ college and for us how well they play @ USF.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  642

Windbane & VElcro,

Please read everything I write. It just seems you are picking and choosing what you want to hear. I have stated several times that this IS a good year in terms of OUR history. Just not in the grand scheme/national picture. If you really think we did the best we COULD have done this year then let's just leave it at that.

If you knew a little bit more about me you would understand why I am discouraged with our recruiting class.

I coach high school football in hillsborough county and I got to witness some pretty incredible athletes. There was a ton of talent just at my school, CJL personally visited 1 time that I know of. Guess who was there on more than one occasion, early in the season and after the season, in fact just a few weeks ago, you guessed it...Urban Meyer.

The thing is I really don't pay attention to stars on a SCOUT or RIVALS. I know first hand where the real stars/athletes are at. WE DID NOT RECRUIT THESE KIDS, WHY! You may be thinking, "well he is just bias" truth be told I AM BIAS. I want my USF Bulls to be the very best I know they can be and this year... they passed on, ignored or didn't even talk to some very, very talented kids.

This will be final word about recruiting.

PS- don't ever compare me to smazza again, my thoughts are my own. I'm sure he is insulted as am I.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Thank you, Smazz Jr.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  642

Thank you, Smazz Jr.

ProfessaBull thinks to himself, "Wow..hopeless" Then calmly states...

your welcome

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Velcro thinks to himself " ;D ;D " then calmly states...

;D  ;D

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

Windbane & VElcro,

Please read everything I write. It just seems you are picking and choosing what you want to hear. I have stated several times that this IS a good year in terms of OUR history. Just not in the grand scheme/national picture. If you really think we did the best we COULD have done this year then let's just leave it at that.

If you knew a little bit more about me you would understand why I am discouraged with our recruiting class.

I coach high school football in hillsborough county and I got to witness some pretty incredible athletes. There was a ton of talent just at my school, CJL personally visited 1 time that I know of. Guess who was there on more than one occasion, early in the season and after the season, in fact just a few weeks ago, you guessed it...Urban Meyer.

The thing is I really don't pay attention to stars on a SCOUT or RIVALS. I know first hand where the real stars/athletes are at. WE DID NOT RECRUIT THESE KIDS, WHY! You may be thinking, "well he is just bias" truth be told I AM BIAS. I want my USF Bulls to be the very best I know they can be and this year... they passed on, ignored or didn't even talk to some very, very talented kids.

PS- don't ever compare me to smazza again, my thoughts are my own. I'm sure he is insulted as am I.

Sorry Profess....I've got to cry BS here.  One of the top HS coaches in Hillsborough County is a good friend of mine, coached me 19 years ago in HS.  I know about everyone in Hills County coaches and assistants....few will argue that Leavitt has done an amazing job on his relationships in this region.

I can also say for certain that outside of 5-6 athletes, there were few in Hillsborough County that USF wanted.  We obviously lost Marve, and Garcia, but putting that aside there wasn't many that were in the caliber of athlete we took alternatively.   Besides those two, and Torrey Davis the oly other Bay Area athletes that to me were good enough for USF this year was Sanders, Matthews, Murdock, Harris, I liked D Anderson but others were not sold.....that's it!  Who were the "REAL ATHLETES," don't talk about Jefferson's Middle Tennessee haul that's a joke.   This was a slim year for Bay Area talent by anyone's standards, next year should be much more prolific, outside of Garcia, Davis, Sanders, Bellamy, and Marve there really wasn't any other elite type athletes.  I guess if you wanted to say we only landed one out of the top 5.  

You could mention Mike Brown- he's not qualifying and has attitude issues.  How about to me a kid that will probably be placed by USF is Develin Robinson- best athlete not to get signed but grades are killing him.  Shawn Williamson is being placed at Pearl River by USF.

Let me know where USF missed out on all the "REAL ATHLETES".  

Next year could be a special hual in USF:

Eric Smith, Byronelle Arline, Jahleel Addae, Gallon, Crooks, and McCray...josh jones, Harvey, Joiner, and Patchan.  I'd venture to guess that all ten of these guys have a shot to make everyone's top 100 in FL.  I'd say Patchan, Arline, Eric Smith, and Joiner could be national player top 100's.  

This doesn't include Winters, Thomas, Sanderson, Hicks, Hart, and Weatherford are all top 1-A talents next year too.

We'll be back into the Bay Area much more this year coming up, if you really knew what you were talking about and are who you say you are then you'd know next year will be filled with talent.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,851
  • Days Won:  22

ill grade it four years from now. till then is all window dressing.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

-

Windbane & VElcro,

the green and goggle club do pick and choose

and while what they said may be insulting i do not feel insulted.one must consider the source

it is obvious professabull knows football and i have known for sometime usf isnt properly recruiting the wealth of talent surrounding usf.a florida school in big east conference that cant break top 30 once is getting the job done