• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Preseason Mags Pick USF....

Guest USF Bill

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

Why does everyone think we are going to be that good?  We have NO QB, our best defensive players are gone.  WE HAVE NO QB!  We can't just run the ball down people's throats, I don't care how many UNPROVEN RBs we have on our roster.  D's are going to key on the run and there wil be nothing we can do about it.  Our defense is not as good as it was last year.  Lastly and most importantly, we have a very tough schedule.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

that is why they play the game

7th place and playing best games during  the week would be a disaster all around

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

Tough road schedule.  Remember those OT games we won, those were at home.  We don't have that luxury against any of those teams that we played really close last year.

I am guardedly optimistic...

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  677
  • Days Won:  0

ok beastiebull.... u convinced me... I take back the 7-4.. I think U go 5-6

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

ok beastiebull.... u convinced me... I take back the 7-4.. I think U go 5-6

will someone swat the gnat!

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

Why does everyone think we are going to be that good?  We have NO QB, our best defensive players are gone.  WE HAVE NO QB!  We can't just run the ball down people's throats, I don't care how many UNPROVEN RBs we have on our roster.  D's are going to key on the run and there wil be nothing we can do about it.  Our defense is not as good as it was last year.  Lastly and most importantly, we have a very tough schedule.

Disagree with you 'bout the D.  The DL is deeper and bigger than ever.  DBs have good speed and some experience.  LBs are deep and talented.  Oh BTW did I say the LBs are deep and talented?  There are no AL OK or AR on the schedule either to totally dominate with size either.

As for the O, QB will be better.  OL should be better.  WR should be the same.  RB can't possibly be worse and may be very good with the Juco comin in.

• Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078

ok, let look at the D Line...  should be better next year with some good players coming off RS years.

LB... Davis coming back will be huge, Nicholas should only be better, and then between St. Louis (just like that name in Tampa sports, Go MARTY!!) and a couple other guys coming off RS should be good, biggest weakness will be youth, but that is not always bad.

Secondary... this COULD be a problem... BUT with guys like Brown, Camon ane Jenkins back there, there is some serious talent.  Could be shaky at times but I think the front 7 will make them look better than they are.

On Offense...

Big men are all back which IS HUGE!  more chemistry means better blocking and bigger holes.  only probelm is none are proven run blockers.  However, let them get a couple runs going and they will be fine.  

WR's... Bain, Green, Sheffield, Peyton, Garris... def should not be the problem

RB's... Fisher, Hall, And whoever of the freshmen that are not RS'd.  once again, young and unproven, but should be fine

QB... Julmiste, Banks, Kraky, cant remember guy just signed...  Banks has experience but no confidence, Julmiste has raw talent, but not much experience, Kraky looks good at times but is still a HUGE question mark.  Julmiste will be the man coming into fall so he will get lots of reps and should be pretty comfortable come Pitt.  I do not think this will be as big of a problem as many think because there will be a paradigm shift on offense coming into the upcoming year.

Overall I say 7-4 and we go bowling

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

WE GOTTA BEAT PITT

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,267

I can't wait to see what Julmiste can do with an entire season, I still think he looked pretty good last year when he came in relief of Banks.  I think with the WR talent we have he can light the board up if CJL lets him.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

I would say that the picks from mags are because of the QB situation .... mostly.

I agree that PJ will be better with the Spring and Fall knowing it is his job.

Beating pitt will set the tone on National T.V.

Go BULLS !!!