• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Noel Devine: And the envelope says.......

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  1,260
  • Days Won:  0

He's committed to the Mountaineers. I know there were some rumors out there he might even be considering us....but cnnsi.com is reporting he's now given WVU a verbal. I believe the short list was WVU, FSU and Alabama....glad our conference won that one.

Guess we will find out first hand whether he's just a highlight reel myth or  for real. Good for the kid, hope he does well. It sounds like he may qualify academically? If so, that gives the 'Eers Slaton this year, with Devine and last year's blue chipper all in the backfield.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/players/02/06/tuesday.notebook/index.html

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  118
  • Content Count:  873

I hope we break his face.  The mountain queers are now my new most hated team.  They have officially jumped miami and the gaytors

• Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,523
  • Days Won:  10

Nice pickup by WVU, but I think it was mentioned that his qualifying is very much in doubt.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

There is already a thread about this in the prospects and recruiting section.  

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

yea, noel still has to get on the field.  i am kinda shocked he went there.  that alone tells me he is pretty sure he isnt going to qualify.  he knows he will be there after this season when slaton is gone to the NFL

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  1,165

He's committed to the Mountaineers. I know there were some rumors out there he might even be considering us....but cnnsi.com is reporting he's now given WVU a verbal. I believe the short list was WVU, FSU and Alabama....glad our conference won that one.

Are you retarded?  Why would you want our conference rivals to get a player of that caliber?  Remember, they are our COMPETITION, not our allies.  I would rather UCF get him.  You can talk about "conference prestige" and all of that, but the number one goal is to WIN the conference, and other conference teams piking up star players does not help us win games.

Do we hope that the Irqqi insurgency gets stronger, so we can give them a "good job"?  Of course not.  Extreme example of course, but I believe it still applies.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Relax, the reason he chose WVU is the fact that they were the only school (USC, FSU, Miami, UF, Nebraska, Oklahoma, and Alabama were the front runners) that hadn't told him he probably wouldn't qualify.

It doesn't look good right now, and probably still won't look good come the end of spring.

If I were a betting man, my bet is this guy will be in a community college come fall.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

not good for usf

the bulls failure to keep guys like him home will prevent usf from competing for big east crown

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Smazza, we had very little chance at this kid and he's not going to be playing D-IA football next year.