• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Recruiting Concerns

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  642
  • Days Won:  0

I don't agree... at all.

More often than not, we lose the kid?  We get 25ish recruits each year.  Do you think every team good team gets every player they are after?  no one does... not even the "great" schools.  [highlight]We might lose one or two big names that we are after, like this year Marve... or a couple years ago Ricky Jean Fracois, or last year, Javarris James... [/highlight]but that is 1 player each year, out of 50-100 prospects... how is it "MORE OFTEN THAN NOT WE LOSE THAT KID".

We have a roster full of kids we wanted!

Like I said before...

"...Coming off a great year (Miami & FSU on the decline) we had the ability to pull in some big names coming out of florida. It just seems like we are always being mentioned with some of those big names but these kids go else where..."

WHY...?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  642

Yes, we lose some of the recruits we go after.

Yes, we have the best recruiting class we've had thus far.

Yes, we still have a long way to go (after all we are only 11 years in existence)

Yes, UF is ranked #1 in the recruiting game.

But, the recruits we get fit in the program well.  This year will be telling, but 2008, when the new recruits are ready to play will be the big key.

And, last but not least, the star ranking system is BULLCRAP.

I agree, like I said before, we addressed a major concern at RB. :)

• Topic Count:  963
  • Content Count:  9,765
  • Days Won:  9

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=635734

How about this guy, ND and Miami? Come on! If he goes to UF or Ohio I get it but ND or MIAMI?

What don't you get Professa?  Miami is a short car ride away from where he currently lives, and Notre Dame is well Notre Dame.  Not many schools can compete with their facilities or education.  Although the ones on Major Wright's list can compete.  This kid most likely will sign with OSU.  Recruiting goes alot deeper than how was your record last year.  

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Once again it doesn't seem WE stack up well when it comes to this facit of the college game. UF will have the best recruiting class in the nation when all is said and done. That is to be expected, however, my concern lies in the fact that with MIAMI & FSU having "down" years WE have not capitalized. A couple questions...

1. Why or How does this happen?

2. What needs to be done to improve it?

3. Is this a CJL issue?

4. If not CJL where do you point the finger?

finally a person that sees the problem as clearly as i do

leavitt has had 10 years to cultivate these kids and their families

of course if falls on cl's shoulders

I don't agree... at all.

More often than not, we lose the kid?  We get 25ish recruits each year.  Do you think every team good team gets every player they are after?  no one does... not even the "great" schools.  [highlight]We might lose one or two big names that we are after, like this year Marve... or a couple years ago Ricky Jean Fracois, or last year, Javarris James... [/highlight]but that is 1 player each year, out of 50-100 prospects... how is it "MORE OFTEN THAN NOT WE LOSE THAT KID".

Like I said before...

"...Coming off a great year (Miami & FSU on the decline) we had the ability to pull in some big names coming out of florida. It just seems like we are always being mentioned with some of those big names but these kids go else where..."

WHY...?

usf should have stolen several big name recruits

I guess my standard seems to lie within the fact that we COULD have done better than most. Coming off a great year (Miami & FSU on the decline) we had the ability to pull in some big names coming out of florida. It just seems like we are always being mentioned with some of those big names but these kids go else where. I hear some of these athletes reasons for picking another school but is that all there is to it? I can't help but question our ability to recruit at a HIGHER LEVEL especially when we had some chips this year to play with.

Overall this is an "A+" recruiting year compared to OUR past

However this is a "C+" recruiting year compared to the NATION. (I give a C+ only because we addressed a major concern at RB)

Why aren't we in the TOP 25 this year? It's a fair question.

usf's recruiting is not good in light of the fact that most of the talent is in florida

we should be #1 in big east in recruiting hands down

• Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  1,812

Why do some people on this board think that USF should just naturally be a contender and every other school should give up? The way I see it is we have done better than I ever imagined so far.

With recruiting it takes time to build recruiting and relationships. Marve is going to UM, I would too if I were him. Tell me why you would pick USF over Miami if you were him? UM is a great private school, it is in Miami, they put guys in the NFL, and they are always on TV and in media. Them having a bad year got more press than USF having a good year. Bottom line UM has been **** good for 20 years with a few down years (lower tier bowl like us) sprinkled in. I travel the country for work and see UM, FSU, UF stuff everywhere I go. That covers the kids who want to stay in state.

Some kids want to get the hell out of Florida when they go to school, I can not blame them, it is their choice.

You do sound like smazza a little, he is clueless and a broken record, who thinks that an upstart program should run with big boys out of the gate. We do not and can not right now spend like the rest of the big boys. One day we will.

As far as Boise State, one hit wonder, this years Fresno state, Oklahoma has been doing for a long time and will continue to bring it. These down years everyone talks about at other schools are equal to our best years.

All that being said the future is bright for USF

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  1,757

USF's class is on par with the other "Big 4" Florida teams.  Recruiting rankings are absolute BULL (pun intended).  

It is a name recognition game based on which university is recruiting which athlete... the same 3 star athlete that commits to USF would be given 4 or 5 stars if signing with UF.  

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403

I don't agree... at all.

Like I said before...

WHY...?

because there are over 100 schools to choose from with many factors.  It will actually be easier for Marve to start at Miami than here with Grothe here.  why did we get Mike Ford?  because his cousin is here (amarri jackson) and he's been convinced how good we can be.  we also have a need at RB.  losing a few high-star players every year is not a sign of anything.  every school that goes after high recruits loses a lot of them every year because, again, there are so many to go to and so many reasons for going.

we have not quite reached the level of national media attention to get our game talked about every week on college gameday and get our highlights shown every week.  we seem to be very close to that, so calm down about the recruiting.  with how well we did last year and how good we look for next year, doesn't recruiting our best class ever excite you?

do you realize we have a REALISTIC chance to beat auburn next year?  we have a real chance to be ranked.  it's not far fetched at all for us to win the big east.  how are we doing badly by having our best class this year?

can it get better?  yes.  and it will, but it's already been getting better.  stop worrying about it.  enjoy it.