• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Will Mac be allowed to serve out his contract

Guest Ari_Hinkelberger

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

You look at what he SHOULD have returning next year

CENTER

Grandsberry SR

Williams JR- injured right now

POWER FORWARD

Cann So- hasnt played

SMALL FORWARD

Saaka-So

Holmes-RFR- transfer from FSU

SHOOTING GUARD

Verdejo-Jr

Curry-RFR-out with injury

Jones-incoming FR

POINT GUARD

Howard-So

Bozeman-So

and you can see that if he lands the two JUCOS PF his team would be better than now. So you can see how a good ending and low budget might work for his advantage.

As i said i just dont think USF has the bucks to upgrade at this time

Fire him and half this talent goes other places.  If he wins two more games which I think he can, I think CRM gets another season because of economics.  It sucks to watch this team get beat on by Top 30 teams every other game.  In reality this team has seen a decade of ranked teams in two short yrs of what its used to seeing in 7-8 yrs.  CUSA usually was a 3 team NCAA conference.  The BE set a record last yr with 9...remember.

Historically, USF has maybe 10-12 good yrs out of 30.  It will be another 2 yrs before there is a chance at NYC if you  fire CRM.  It makes since to bet on next yr.  Separate from the recruiting issues, coming in here with the empty player cupboards (only head cases Y.Baker & T.Leather) to get this team competitive in CUSA should of been a three yr process.  His best recruit of his first class gets cancer and dies.  Plus his team moves up to the world's best intercolliegiate basketball conference in yr three.  He has a European kid that was supposed to play a prominent role bolts for the pros.  And a gamble on an injured 3-4 star PF hasn't panned out...yet.  The best guard to play here since Chucky & Dobras blows his knee out twice.  And another prominent FR recruit tears an Achilles tendon.  With all of that mentioned, Coach McCullum is a rock solid person.  He stress school to the kids coming into the program.  He's probably the lowest bad BCS BB coach too.

Beautiful explanation of the reality of the situation our basketball program is in at the present time ... I would imagine the ADBullDoug has a very similar view.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe our goal is to finish in the top 12 to make the conference tourny.

People talk like that is a huge deal.

Even Greenberg managed to get a horrendous VA Tech team to MSG

'Cuz you have unrealistic goals for your team.  It took Leavitt 9 seasons to make it to a bowl.  I beat you pizzed and moaned about him being shut out in the first Bowl too.  I'm willing to bet CRM will win a couple of NITs or makes the NCAA in his 5th season.  Two reasons:  He's shown some flair of beating more talented teams, he's perceived to be a great person, the firing starts this whole 3 yr rebuilding cycle thing over and the financial reasons.

JoeB, the BE will get 4 with 4-5 in the NIT.  The point is 9-12 conference games every season will be against post season teams.  USF is not used to that competition.  I don't think NYC is the fire cutoff anymore.  They must show that they are competitive.  I think 4 to 5 wins does that.

How long has the Football team been D-1? Thus eligable for a bowl? 6? not to mention we got screwed out of one bowl. Don't insult Leavitt by comparing him to CRM.

Congratulations, his point about unrealistic goals went whooshing right over your head ..... not surprisingly.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  387
  • Days Won:  0

This team is improving with every game and we'll be even stronger next year. You should be asking if Woolward will offer an extension to Mac next year.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,503
  • Days Won:  13

BullDoug you are in outerspace.

lol

Guest BasketBull.

Team  Conf.  Overall  

Pittsburgh  6-1  18-3  

Marquette  5-2  18-4  

Syracuse  4-2  15-5  

Georgetown  4-2  14-5  

Louisville  4-2  14-6  

Notre Dame  4-3  16-4  

West Virginia  4-3  15-4  

Villanova  3-3  14-5  

Providence  3-3  13-6  

St. John's  3-4  12-8  

Seton Hall  3-4  11-8  

DePaul  3-4  12-9  

Connecticut  2-4  13-6  

[highlight]South Florida  2-5  11-10  [/highlight]

Cincinnati  1-4  10-9  

Rutgers  1-6  8-12  

Standings as of 1/25  

-------------------------

Remaining games for USF

Sun, Jan 28 (15) Marquette

Sat, Feb 3 (22) Notre Dame

Wed, Feb 7 at St. John's

Sat, Feb 10 at Louisville

Wed, Feb 14 Syracuse

Sat, Feb 17 DePaul

Sat, Feb 24 at Seton Hall

Wed, Feb 28 Providence

Sat, Mar 3 at DePaul

yahoo stats

BullDoug you are in outerspace.

Translation: "I have absolutely no intelligent response to refute what you're saying, BullDoug".

lol

Translation: "Me neither".

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  538
  • Days Won:  0

Nice start, but let's try a more realistic appraisal....

CENTER

Grandsberry SR  (solid, all conf potential, but has to prove durability over longer stretch of games)

Williams JR- injured right now (but proved nothing when he was in, large body, small results, not a regular rotation player)

POWER FORWARD

Cann So- hasnt played (fruitless to count on him, lost scholarship)

SMALL FORWARD

Saaka-So (unproven, glimpses of potential, but no significant results, still finding a role, ankle injury could impact rest of the  year)

Holmes-RFR- transfer from FSU (big time recruit with mysterious immediate transfer scenario, should help tremendously)

SHOOTING GUARD

Verdejo-Jr (head case, disappears for long stretches, fringe rotation player, has talent, but not fitting in yet)

Curry-RFR-out with injury (injury risk when he returns, but a player, in high school)

Jones-incoming FR (athletic recruit, should help)

POINT GUARD

Howard-So (solid PG, but runs risk of either knee going, his availability makes or breaks season, tough risk to program)

Bozeman-So (out of position at PG, small for SG and stats have cratered versus conference opponents, talent who has yet to find his niche in top level div 1 competition)

and you can see that if he lands the two JUCOS PF his team would be better than now. So you can see how a good ending and low budget might work for his advantage. (seems to me to still be a bleak scenario, only one way to go...UP)

As i said i just dont think USF has the bucks to upgrade at this time

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,843
  • Days Won:  22

Mattis is a SR. wont be around next year