• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

OCS at every state university

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  677
  • Days Won:  0

Increasing size to 18 k is good.. but that is still pretty small for a 1a program... with the 15k attendence rule.. I would think they would want to get it to 22 to 25k.. so big games will boost overall averages up.  but sometimes small steps are needed to get to where U need to go.

• Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  1,812

ummm...there has been a football stadium on FIU's campus since before i got to high school in 97.  but back then it was used a majority of the time for high school football.

I played HS football in that stadium in the mid 80's most Miami HS do not have stadiums. Back then FIU was not a major school than more of a JC. Stadium is actually in Tamiami Park I think.

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  3,103

nevermind the stadium is right on the edge of campus, close enough.  the stadium looks different from what i remember playing in.  what school did you play for nukebull?

Guest FIU Fanatic(Guest)

Well, they moved the stadium a bit to the northwest of where it used to be, towards FIU property.  They also moved the orientation of the field to east-west, whereas the "old" Tamiami Park Stadium was north-south.  Maybe that is why is different from mid 90's.  They replaced the turf with new synthetic turf, and added a building that houses newer locker rooms, training rooms, weight room, and media room....it's not the same stadium, and it now straddles FIU and Tamiami Park.  

Guest FIU Fanatic(Guest)

Oops.  Sorry, I hit the "post" link too fast.  Also wanted to clarify that the $31 million bonding is entirely for the stadium construction first phase.  The other $24 million approved is for the second phase, which includes a 100,000 square feet student center.  The total amount approved was $55 million over the next several years, as phase II is expected to finish in 2011 now, while phase I is slated for completion for the beginning of 2008 season.

• Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  2,118

USF will have one someday, hopefully!

• 2 months later...

• Topic Count:  220
  • Content Count:  2,726

Yes we will, and It will be a Gem.  

The "Plaza de Toros"(aka Bullring) will be built on campus one day...

BTW: I copyright that name!!! lol

• Topic Count:  220
  • Content Count:  2,726

Well, whenever it does happen, its should look like this...

Presenting: "The Bullring"@USF

TheBullring.jpg

The pic is really a "Plaza de Toros" in Spain.  But, whenever USF does decide to build one, it would be awesome if it looked like this! :)

Just a thought...