• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Will We Ever Make Big Monday.?

Guest Ari_Hinkelberger

Guest Ari_Hinkelberger

Ever?  Before I die?  Will we see South Florida on Big Monday.?

What a game on tonight.  UCONN vs Louisville.

Man our program is in the gutter.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

Thanks for the reminder.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

Ever?  Before I die?  Will we see South Florida on Big Monday.?

What a game on tonight.  UCONN vs Louisville.

Man our program is in the gutter.

snoreCop.jpg

Guest Ari_Hinkelberger

You have already used that picture like 15 times.  

This board can ignore the baskteball program.... but Hinkelberger will always make sure its front and center.

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,911
  • Days Won:  0

I was thinking about something when i was watching these games tonight and seeing dicky vitale.   The guy is like a walking advertisement of the west coast of florida and tampa, always shouting out where he lives, he talks usf football and even supports the devil rays. He is dying for usf basketball to turn into a contender, and it wouldnt  hurt to have the best public relations guy in college hoops talk about us in a postitive light every so often.  But it has to be hard to talk about us in the state we are in, so can we really blame him?

ANY TYPE of light at the end of the tunnel will make him jump right on the bandwagon.  

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  687
  • Days Won:  0

Dickie V was here when we played the Gators. He always pumps up UF, but I also agree that if we were playing good ball he'd be backing us.  Vitale has already stated that USF is probably the toughest job to win at in Bball.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

You have already used that picture like 15 times.

Only 15 times?? I should be using it every time you come up with the same old tired rhetoric ..... That should have put the count up around 700. I need to be more vigilant.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Dickie V was here when we played the Gators. He always pumps up UF, but I also agree that if we were playing good ball he'd be backing us.  Vitale has already stated that USF is probably the toughest job to win at in Bball.

Personally, I think he started saying that when Seth was here.  He is very good friends with Seth and I think he was promoting him and protecting him.

Other than a poor basketball tradition, with all the things the area and the school ahs going for it, and especially now with the entry into the Big East, I don't see why it's so difficult to attract the right people here.  I don't expect to be winning the Big East, but at least we should be capable of recruiting enough talent to be competitive.  You cannot tell me that a place like Stillwater, Oklahoma or Milwaukee is a better place or opportunity for young guys.  It's absolutely difficult to overcome the tradition of those trypes of schools, but with everything else the school and athletic department has done to improve things, the new facilities and most of all, th chance to play against the top competition in the arguably the best basketball conference in the country we should be able to attract a competitive coach and a competitive team.  Doesn't make sense to me anymore.  We aren't in the Sun Belt anymore.  We are big time and still growing.