• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Baseball Team

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  963
  • Content Count:  9,765
  • Days Won:  9

I met some members of the USF baseball team yesterday at a Pig Roast at St Tims Catholic Church.  There were about 10 players there fully dressed in uniforms.  All of these guys were extremely nice and they even played touch football with some of the kids that were there.  I wish someone was there from the local media because these players were fun to be around.  You always hear bad things about college athletes, but this was the total opposite of that.  Coach Prado wasn't even there and these guys represented the university well.

Shoop, the unis looked sweet.  They were wearing the away green jerseys and it is nothing like the one that you had in your picture on the other thread.  Maybe those are the BP jerseys or something, but these were awesome looking.  No names on the back, but the iconic U was on the left side of the chest.  I don't have any pictures, but I'm sure we'll see them soon enough.  Baseball season is only a couple weeks away.  

Guest Sprtsfn627

I'm in my senior year, and for the first time ever, I'm excited about Baseball season.

Looking forward to catching some games!  Now if only we had that new stadium already  ;)

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  158
  • Days Won:  0

The BaseBulls have been getting out in the community quite a bit the past few weeks, with this being just one event raising awareness and goodwill.

Many players also join Coach Lazer Collazo and others working with local little league teams to teach fundamentals and drills to players around the age of 12 (for a nominal fee as fund raising for the program). This can only help turn-out and support in the upcoming season, but also the years to come.

There are already a number of upgrades being worked on at McEwen, with many more to come. We hope ya'll make it out to more than a few games this year!

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827

thanks for the update JoeB, awesome news.

• Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  2,118

Defently looking forward to the baseball and softball season this year.