• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

McCullum informs opposing fans they distract

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403
  • Days Won:  0

Brett's Blog:  

THE LEPRECHAUN LEGION: In Wednesday’s loss at West Virginia, the Mountaineers’ students chanted “LSU†to USF center Kentrell Gransberry. Sunday, Notre Dame’s student section – the Leprechaun Legion – was much more original. Each time Gransberry went to the free throw line, they chanted something different. “One more sandwich†was their favorite early on.

But as Gransberry struggled at the line, they would chant his free throw stats: “One for eight,†“Two for nine.†Then when Gransberry hit consecutive free throws, they chanted “You’re on fire.†Then, of course, Gransberry missed.

Gransberry said he didn’t hear the Irish students, all dressed in green T-shirts behind USF’s basket in the second half. “It’s all mental,†said Gransberry, who was 3-for-12 from the line and is 6-for-20 in his past two games. “I have to do a better job concentrating and taking my time. I didn’t hear the crowd.†[highlight]USF coach Robert McCullum knew better, though. “He’s obviously better than that,†McCullum said. “I’m sure the students … I think that affected him. You’re looking right into it when you shoot.â€Â[/highlight]

well, now the fans will never stop.

• Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  1,479

I'm not happy right now and think we should be doing better, but do you realize how much you are reaching? They werent going to stop anyway, we are the opponent on the road, the student sections at other Big East schools will give our players the same treatment we give their players in the Sun Dome. He is saying he thought the Notre Dame student section got to him. There is plenty you can critizice without reaching that much.

• Topic Count:  166
  • Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Free Throws should be just that - free.

• Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890

our free throw shooting has been a real big problem for quite awhile now but CRM is doing a great job teaching fundamentals  ::)

• Topic Count:  160
  • Content Count:  1,378
  • Days Won:  1

Oh with that headline, I thought he meant our fans complaining about him were causing a distraction.

• Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890

so did I

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

yep I'm the fourth that thought that too.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403

alright, changed title.  i don't think it's a big deal but i also don't think you tell opposing fans that they have a negative affect on your performance.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

alright, changed title.  i don't think it's a big deal but i also don't think you tell opposing fans that they have a negative affect on your performance.

good point