• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

RIP Keeley Dorsey

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

Our heart felt thoughts andprayers go out to the Dorsey family and all oft he Bulls and their families.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  21
  • Days Won:  0

God Bless Keeley.  R.I.P. and my prayers will be with you and your family.  You're in a better place :( :'(

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,080

Yeah they weren't doing anything stenuous...I don't even think they started winter conditioning yet. But as far as a pre-existing condition goes- the staff that conducts the physicals does a THOROUGH job of examining the athletes to ensure they're apt to handle the physical demands of their sports. Even the cheerleaders have to fill out about 15 pages worth of medical history...so please don't think these guys aren't in good hands.  Even though I'm a cheerleader and technically should applaud whatever the athletics department does, you guys on here know I'm outspoken enough to where I'd speak my mind, and that's my honest assessment of it all. It was an accident.

Chicky I wasn't suggesting that it was anyones fault...conditions go undiagnosed despite thourough physical exams and examining medical histories.

I shared an apartment in college (sophomore year) with a guy who had just finished a hitch in the Marine Corps...was discharged with a clean bill of health,  very physically active...the picture of health...who after playing a game of chess, said goodnight and went to bed....I was awakend by a phone call from the Dean of Men asking for him...I went to his room only to find his bed empty....The dean then told me he had died at the local ER.

I learned that he awoke during the night with chest pains...got in his car and drove himself to the hospital where he died before he got to see a doctor. His autopsy revealed he suffered from a congenital defect in the main artery to his heart.  Was anyone to blame for not diagnosing his problem?...Certainly not considering the technology available at the time and the fact that he hadn't had a history problems.

There are few guarantees in life other than taxes and death.  Walk through a cemetery and you'll find the graves of many young people who had their lives cut short by a miriad of medical problems.  Very sad, but a fact of life none the less.

Keeley Dorsey isn't  the first athlete to die after playing or training and unfortunately he won't be the last.  At least he was enjoying his life.

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  1,911

Take a look at the tattoo on Keeley's back...kinda puts things in perspective. I never knew him, but I'll miss him.

n1105650114_30022952_7749.jpg

• Topic Count:  205
  • Content Count:  2,187
  • Days Won:  2

Take a look at the tattoo on Keeley's back...kinda puts things in perspective. I never knew him, but I'll miss him.

n1105650114_30022952_7749.jpg

I'm not a huge fan of tattoo's, but that one is awesome...

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  27

our heart  and prayers are w/dorsey's family, such a loss to usf football and to society .  the bulls football players,coaches and parents are all hurting and will support the family in thier grief. we're a family and we hurt as a whole.

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  1,400

that was horrible news I cant imagine the pain that his family and friends must be dealing with our thoughts and prayers are with them :'(

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403

"Enjoy life today,Yesterday is gone, and Tomorrow may never come, Live life to the fullest" (it's tattooed on his back too)

That's just eerie, in a spiritual way.  Hopefully everyone associated with him (family, friends, teammates) can follow his own advice going forward, as tough as that will be.

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827

Yeah they weren't doing anything stenuous...I don't even think they started winter conditioning yet. But as far as a pre-existing condition goes- the staff that conducts the physicals does a THOROUGH job of examining the athletes to ensure they're apt to handle the physical demands of their sports. Even the cheerleaders have to fill out about 15 pages worth of medical history...so please don't think these guys aren't in good hands.  Even though I'm a cheerleader and technically should applaud whatever the athletics department does, you guys on here know I'm outspoken enough to where I'd speak my mind, and that's my honest assessment of it all. It was an accident.

on the radio show, Coach Prado said that when he came from Louisville he was amazed at how thorough the training staff is at USF. he said they check and double check e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g. so yeah.