• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Brohm Returning for Senior Year

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  307
  • Days Won:  0

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/ncaa/01/15/bc.fbc.t25.louisville.brohm.ap/index.html

Good for the league...a bigger challenge for us.  It'll just make our win that much sweeter.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Great News.  If we beat him for the second year in a row it will increase our standing immeasurably.  We have the tools to do it with.  

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Sorry Flip,  Got confused.  We beat them at home the year before.  You have to admit, though, we have a very strong team this year and I like us at home.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

Maybe she means at home.

• Topic Count:  962
  • Content Count:  9,762
  • Days Won:  9

Probably a smart move.  I can't think of any other strong QB candidates for next year other than him, so he could be the first QB taken.  I would put Henne and Booty behind him.

• Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

Maybe she means at home.

If we beat Louisville this year, it will be 3 wins in a row against the Cards in Tampa.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Sorry Flip,  Got confused.  We beat them at home the year before.  You have to admit, though, we have a very strong team this year and I like us at home.

We do have a string team coming back and the expectation level will be high. I do expect that we put Mr. Brohm on the turf the way we did in 2005.

Maybe she means at home.

If we beat Louisville this year, it will be 3 wins in a row against the Cards in Tampa.

As opposed to a 3-game losing streak in Kentucky.  (2 to U of L, 1 to KY)

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,080

Monday, January 15, 2007      

E-mail this       |        Print page

UPDATED: 9:12 AM

Brohm staying, 'not ready to let that dream end'

By Jody Demling

jdemling@courier-journal.com

The Courier-Journal

RELATED VIDEO: Brian Brohm to stay for senior year

It’s one more year for Brian Brohm.

The University of Louisville junior quarterback announced Monday morning that he will return for his senior season and not enter the NFL draft.

At the announcement, the U of L quarterback said, "It was always my dream to play at the University of Louisville, and I am not ready to let that dream end. The NFL is always going to be there."

"Growing up here in Louisville I have always had two big dreams when it came to my football career, and one was to come to the University of Louisville,

to lead us to new heights, and another one was to play in the NFL" Brohm said.

"At this time, I have a good opportunity to enter the draft and possibly get a good

position in the draft. But, however, I feel like there are some good things

that we can do here at the University of Louisville. I am happy to announce I am returning for my senior season and try to take us to greater heights," he said.

After earning MVP honors at the Orange Bowl two weeks ago, Brohm said coming back and trying to win a national championship “was very appealing.â€Â

"This (decision) was a lot more difficult than I anticipated. All the new factors that

kept arising. It was real big to know one of the first things that was on (new coach Steve Kragthorpe's) list was that he wanted me to come back. It was also big that (U of L) went so fast to get us a new coach," Brohm said.

The former Trinity High School All-American will be one of the top candidates for the Heisman Trophy next season. He threw for 3,049 yards and 16 touchdowns this season for U of L, which went a school-best 12-1 and won the Big East Conference title.

The return is good news for Cardinal fans, just one week after coach Bobby Petrino announced he was leaving for the Atlanta Falcons. Senior running back Michael Bush announced last week that he was declaring for the NFL Draft.

Check back for further updates at www.courier-journal.com.