• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Now that we've all had a chance to WATCH them...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827
  • Days Won:  0

With the past few games actually being televised(*lightbulb*) or being at home, we've all had an opportunity to evaluate our team a little bit. A couple things that have caught my very novice eye:

- It seems like the Bulls have to work for each and every basket, scratching and clawing for every point. Meanwhile, the opposition is scoring fast break layups on every single turnover. Even when we force a turnover, it rarely turns into a 2 on 1 the other way.

- What exactly IS Verdejo's role?

- McHugh Mattis has incredible shot blocking instincts, but he is a TOTAL liability on the offensive end. He cant dribble, he cant shoot, he has hands of stone, panics with the basketball, and telegraphs his passes.

- The entire offense should run around Gransberry. That guy is a MAN inside, and he's got moves! He should touch the ball EVERY time down the court. Worst case scenario, he gets the opposing team in foul trouble.

- From what I heard on the radio, Howard is going to make a huge difference this year. Hopefully that opens up Bozeman to be a shooter. Running the point, looked like he was thinking too much. When he did shoot, hes smooth as hell.

- Can Buckley create his own shot? If so, I havent seen it.

Originally, the point of this wasnt to be negative.........but it sure turned out that way, wow. My bad.  ;)

Anyway, discuss.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I agree with everything shoop said AND:

We have to take better care of the ball its seems like we cant play a game against a decent or better team without turning the ball over 20 times.  

Just like every year ive seen our basketbull teams we cant shoot free throws as a team and it kills us time and time again.  We need to make these guys sleep in the dome and shoot free throws in any free time away from school and basketball

Howard will be the starting Point guard as soon as he can play large minutes.   I think he will help the turn over woes once he starts.  

• Topic Count:  963
  • Content Count:  9,765
  • Days Won:  9

It seems to me that Buckley gets his points quietly.  He made five 3 pointers last night, but it was a bucket every 7 minutes.  He needs to score more frequently.  Maybe its not being able to create by himself that Shoop eluded to.  Also, I don't think you can have Howard and Bozeman on the floor together.  We are lacking size as it is, and having those two in would only make things worse.  I believe our biggest problem right now is rebounding.  We give up second chance points more frequently and thus it frustrates our team to not get stops at critical times.  And yes, Verdejo seems lost at times as well as Mattis.

Just my two cents after watching these games on TV.  That being said I plan on making it out to watch the Bulls on Sunday versus the Bearcats.

Go Bulls, its a must win game per RMC..............

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

Also, I don't think you can have Howard and Bozeman on the floor together.  We are lacking size as it is, and having those two in would only make things worse.  I believe our biggest problem right now is rebounding.

I'm thinking just the opposite. We NEED those two on the floor at the same time. A bigger problem right now than rebounding is scoring. Bozeman is a scorer...besides even if rebounding is a problem, you're not going to get much help at the guard position, anyway.

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827
  • Days Won:  0

i'm with you BBC. Let's score some points for god sakes.