• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

This is the BIGGEST LOAD OF CRAP!!! >:(

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

Gasp!  Jenna, you freakin' TRAITOR!!!!!   ;)

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  171
  • Content Count:  996
  • Days Won:  0

I understand what everyone is saying.  and I appreciate Mr. Fox for being the first to bring USF merchandise outide of the bookstore.  However, if you want to sell stuff like that which I have no problem with, don't do it at a BULLS STORE.  The ad in the paper says BUcs and BULLS Heaven congratulates the Gators..not Authentic Team Merchandise.  I disagree with someone who is only in it for the dime and not in it for the heart of what you proclaim to be about.  I know things that others don't and this was the final straw.  Why don't we carry Gator stuff at the bookstore?  I am sure Barnes and Noble could use that extra dollar.  ...and I strongly disagree with the idea that anyone would walk into a Bulls store to buy Gators stuff and get an inkling to follow the hometown team.  Why would they need too?  THey can get their own team stuff in our stores and are supported for doing so.  Until we take a stand against other schools on our campus, this will NEVER change.  I am not saying because we do every single thing will disappear, but I guarantee you if you walked onto a Florida campus with say a Miami shirt or another schools items, you would be made to feel like an A**.   We need support from our local businesses and until we get it, we cannot expect the support of our community.  Isn't this the same board who complained about going to Gators to watch Bulls Games.  because of the name??  Franchise or no Franchise, there are Gators signs all in that place not 1 mile from our campus.  It SUCKS!  and we keep them in business....

-Gurly

P.S.- A new pool hall called Bulls Club is opening close to Bull Ring on Fowler....hopefully it wont have Gator stuff on the walls....

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Lighten up.  It's a business trying to make money.  If it was your business, you'd do exactly the same thing.  You have to feed the family.

if it were my business, i wouldn't be caught dead selling gaytor or nole crap in my store.  especially when the name of the store says Bucs n Bulls Heaven, no where does that imply gaytors

Yeah right.  Until you start losing money.  At which point you would sell toilet paper if you could make money and stay in business.  

Obviously, the bookstore is a totally different deal.  The bookstore is run by the university, and they don't need to make money.  The bookstore just needs to break even, and I doubt they pay rent.  That's comparing apples and oranges.

• Topic Count:  191
  • Content Count:  2,363

Lighten up.  It's a business trying to make money.  If it was your business, you'd do exactly the same thing.  You have to feed the family.

if it were my business, i wouldn't be caught dead selling gaytor or nole crap in my store.  especially when the name of the store says Bucs n Bulls Heaven, no where does that imply gaytors

Yeah right.  Until you start losing money.  At which point you would sell toilet paper if you could make money and stay in business.  

Obviously, the bookstore is a totally different deal.  The bookstore is run by the university, and they don't need to make money.  The bookstore just needs to break even, and I doubt they pay rent.  That's comparing apples and oranges.

I don't think that by any means is an absurd assertion. You say "yeah right", but there are business owners out there that honestly woulnd't be caught dead selling anything BUT Bulls gear, and they named their establishments accordingly. I don't have any problem with a store selling Gators merchandise, or even patronizing such a store. But the minute you make a bold assertion as to call yourself "Bucs and Bulls Heaven", you better stick to it. Not doing so is as absurd as the fact that the ACC conference store sells App State and ECU gear.

• Topic Count:  339
  • Content Count:  3,692
  • Days Won:  2

After the year the Bucs had, I'm sure he needs all the help he can get to move some inventory.

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  574

Wow.  I love the passion.

Now if we could only get this fired up about local stores selling Yankees and Red Sox gear.

Or the idiots you see at Bucs and Lightning games with a Bucs/Lightning jersey on with a Red Sox/Yankees hat.

Now if we could only get this fired up about local stores selling Yankees and Red Sox gear.

Or the idiots you see at Bucs and Lightning games with a Bucs/Lightning jersey on with a Red Sox/Yankees hat.

That might change when we get a real major league team here, not the faux team that plays in the cockeyed dome...

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

Ya know, I appreciate that you guys love USF this much, but you also need a dose of reality.  Think about this for a moment:

How much business do USF oriented businesses do?  How long can they stay afloat solely selling USF gear?

Face it, USF only has so many fans buying gear.  In order to see these kinds of stores stay in business, they need to have sufficient revenue and profitability.  Therefore, selling other gear is the only way they can continue to operate.

Before someone gets on here telling me that they'll be fine, or tells me about info they may have for stores they work at, try thinking long term.  Right now, your information may be accurate, but a business isn't a three month proposition, it is supposed to be a permanent proposition.

• Topic Count:  191
  • Content Count:  2,363

What does that have to do with anything? Showing up at a Rays game in Sox/Yanks gear may be a problem, but I don't think it's a problem (other, perhaps, than fashion) at a completely different sport.

Besides, I don't think the argument (at least mine isn't) is that Gators gear should be sold... just that it shouldn't be sold at a place called BULLS Heaven.