• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Florida NC Hurt USF Recruiting?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  172

it makes no difference whatsoever

the rich get richer-- simple as that

We will still pull our fair share of good but not enormously desired players. Someday we might start to compete with UF for some players but I wouldn't worry about it.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  473
  • Days Won:  2

I think it may be the opposite...UF's championship will help USF.  How you ask.  Because Florida, like Miami did, will be more inclined to go out of state to get the really big fish.  In so doing they will lose more and more of their own back yard.  USF needs to remember this lesson.  We need to own our area and get the good Florida players to stay home.  Did you see that Florida speed vs. that Ohio speed.  I don't think so.  USF will pick up a few more Florida studs while Florida goes outside the state.  This will only help us.

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Days Won:  1

Naw I don't think it will hurt USF.  I realize that we want good players but coming from that steel city in PA I remember a coach making a silk purse out of a sow's ear with some "no name" recruits and look how many superbowls they won.  Sometimes it's better to have a team play as a whole and with heart and win for eachother than a bunch of Primdonna's who want all the attention.  That's one reason why I really like Grothe.  He is humble and is all about "team".  Not "me".  nuff said   ::)

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  869
  • Days Won:  0

I don't think we are quite at the same level for most recruits.  That may burst some bubbles out there but until we win a BE title and get some more high profile wins, I don't think a UF title means less recruits for USF.

UF is #1

USF is #29

a little bit of a difference.  Although, a Gator coworker did acknowledge that USF is on the move, we are in year 10, they are at year 100.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091

I don't think we are quite at the same level for most recruits.  That may burst some bubbles out there but until we win a BE title and get some more high profile wins, I don't think a UF title means less recruits for USF.

UF is #1

USF is #29

a little bit of a difference.  Although, a Gator coworker did acknowledge that USF is on the move, we are in year 10, they are at year 100.

USF NEEDS TO COMPETE FOR BIG EAST TITLE FIRST

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737

UF is #1

USF is #29

USF NEEDS TO COMPETE FOR  WIN THE BIG EAST TITLE FIRST

corrected

I think we are competing since we have beat every team in the conference at least one time.

• Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078
  • Days Won:  0

I think it may be the opposite...UF's championship will help USF.  How you ask.  Because Florida, like Miami did, will be more inclined to go out of state to get the really big fish.  In so doing they will lose more and more of their own back yard.  USF needs to remember this lesson.  We need to own our area and get the good Florida players to stay home.  Did you see that Florida speed vs. that Ohio speed.  I don't think so.  USF will pick up a few more Florida studs while Florida goes outside the state.  This will only help us.

basically what he said... if anything, it helps USF recruiting.  UF now has all the leverage with the top kids across the NATION, which will let some of the lower level kids slip to USF.  The kids that UF would use ot fill out a class in the past, now become prime targets and big recruits for USF.