• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

usf should do better than UL

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

Rutgers had their best season in the schools lifetime...usually that what happens when your team is senior laden and is full of returning starters...and being 4th place isnt all terrible when the 3 ahead of you are ranked in the TOP 12 IN THE COUNTRY

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403
  • Days Won:  0

Rutgers had their best season in the schools lifetime...usually that what happens when your team is senior laden and is full of returning starters...and being 4th place isnt all terrible when the 3 ahead of you are ranked in the TOP 12 IN THE COUNTRY

no, it's unacceptable to finish 4th.   let's win the big east next year.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

didnt usf have their best season?

4th is terrible when you have one of largest schools in country in the middle of the best talent in the country

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

4th is terrible when you have one of largest schools in country in the middle of the best talent in the country

Oh, and the fact the conference improved as a whole with two teams finishing in the top 10, one which we beat, and a third in the top 25.  The fact we finished the season ranked 29th in the nation, the fact last year we were 4th with a 6-6 record and this year finished 4th with a 9-4 record should indicate to anyone that has a clue we've turned the corner.

As for Lakelandkid's assertion about bringing in a Steve Slaton, Michael Bush type well some of that is relative.  Slaton was a three star recruit that had his schollie yanked from him by Maryland- dumb move- so it isn't like Slaton was a five star stud but more WVU found a diamond in the weeds.  I think we've done that quite a bit.  As for Michael Bush type, well I think Ford fits that bill.

So get a clue steve and stop with your ignorant posts.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403

Oh, and the fact the conference improved as a whole with two teams finishing in the top 10, one which we beat, and a third in the top 25.  The fact we finished the season ranked 29th in the nation, the fact last year we were 4th with a 6-6 record and this year finished 4th with a 9-4 record should indicate to anyone that has a clue we've turned the corner.

As for Lakelandkid's assertion about bringing in a Steve Slaton, Michael Bush type well some of that is relative.  Slaton was a three star recruit that had his schollie yanked from him by Maryland- dumb move- so it isn't like Slaton was a five star stud but more WVU found a diamond in the weeds.  I think we've done that quite a bit.  As for Michael Bush type, well I think Ford fits that bill.

So get a clue steve and stop with your ignorant posts.

yeah I think Ford's style is similar to Bush's.  oh, and good post, heh.

• Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  563

Ford looks like a better prospect(I know he havent played any Div-1 college ball yet).To me he has everything Bush has as far as a power back but he looks faster and had better cutting ability.Bottom line if he get his touches he will produce.We now have someone to replace Hall with.

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Ford looks like a better prospect(I know he havent played any Div-1 college ball yet).To me he has everything Bush has as far as a power back but he looks faster and had better cutting ability.Bottom line if he get his touches he will produce.We now have someone to replace Hall with.

My thoughts exactly tampaboi!  I think we may have something even better with him.  He has height (which Andre didn't have) and he runs through the middle like a ton of bricks.  I've seen some of his post high school video, and he is awesome.  Again, I use that word because there is no other word to explain him.

Please don't get me wrong, Andre was I Bullieve the catalyst for our being where we are right now.

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  431

My thoughts exactly tampaboi!  I think we may have something even better with him.  He has height (which Andre didn't have) and he runs through the middle like a ton of bricks.  I've seen some of his post high school video, and he is awesome.  Again, I use that word because there is no other word to explain him.

Please don't get me wrong, Andre was I Bullieve the catalyst for our being where we are right now.

Such height can also be a disadvantage to a RB, as it raises their center of gravity and gives more to grab on to, so I wouldn't key on that so much when comparing him with Andre. I'll wait to see him in the spring game before I attempt to compare him to any backs we currently have or have had.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

let's see him play for usf before we annoint him the greatest

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

let's see him play for usf before we annoint him the greatest

Your first good post in a while.  Skills the kid has, he's oozing with talent but we've seen it all before.  

Two things positive- he has a role model/mentor in Amarri, and his parents are very strict (this is why he actually made it and persevered), they pushed him to succeed and his dad use to work for USF.  I think the point that Ford continued to push until he got eligible against the odds demonstrates he'll have the will.