• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Petrino Left the Lou for the Atlanta Falcons

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  1,165
  • Days Won:  0

I was absolutely shocked when I saw this news....I didn't even consider it a possibility the Petrino would leave Louisville after this season...and it seems like their players feel likewise.

It's amusing to see all of you who think that Louisville is suddenly going to fall off of the map because Petrino is gone.  Yes it will hurt them some, and they may lose a couple of their recruits, but you have to remember the team is still the team that won the Big East....they aren't going to drop immediately.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403

I was absolutely shocked when I saw this news....I didn't even consider it a possibility the Petrino would leave Louisville after this season...and it seems like their players feel likewise.

It's amusing to see all of you who think that Louisville is suddenly going to fall off of the map because Petrino is gone.  Yes it will hurt them some, and they may lose a couple of their recruits, but you have to remember the team is still the team that won the Big East....they aren't going to drop immediately.

well, I for one am not saying they will for sure drop off a lot.  they have a good backup QB if brohm does leave, he won every game he started starting with that miami game.  but, USF is getting better next year (from everything I can tell), so UL and others need to to not regress to keep up with us.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  1,165

well, I for one am not saying they will for sure drop off a lot.  they have a good backup QB if brohm does leave, he won every game he started starting with that miami game.  but, USF is getting better next year (from everything I can tell), so UL and others need to to not regress to keep up with us.

Yea, that I am not disputing.  I'm not saying Louisville won't be worse than this year, either.  I've just read a lot of the replies that make it sound like Louisville is immediately going to drop to a nobody, and frankly, that's not going to happen.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

petrino was mentioned for pro jobs for years

this is no surprise

usf should now over take louisville in recruiting

easily

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  286

petrino was mentioned for pro jobs for years

this is no surprise

usf should now over take louisville in recruiting

easily

I agree Smazz, not much of a surprise.  Petrino's been looking for greener pastures since he first arrived in the 'Ville.  I'm sure there are a lot of Louisville supporters (myself included) who are glad he's finally moved on so they can get someone in there who really wants to be there and not just using Louisville as a springboard for other jobs.  Again, I hope he crashes and burns in Hotlanta.  He's Michael Vicks next victim.  

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

You can't say that until they hire a new coach.

I think UL will be fine. It was not Petrino that started the success of that program, it was Schnelly when I got the school to invest millions in football including a stadium, facilities, and recruiting budgets to allow them to visit Florida more. John L. Smith was teh 1st beneficiary of this and he helped bring Louisville to a decent level, Petrino skyrocketed them to an unbelievable level. I wouldn't be shocked if Steve Kragthorpe is the next coach at UL.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  856
  • Days Won:  2

i know of at least 3 or 4 players that are high on usf, but still had upcoming visits to UL, hopefully this will work out well in our favor.

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827

Money talks.

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

Everybody eventually comes to Atlanta.  It's inevitable.