• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

FWIW: I found an Auburn board...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,491
  • Days Won:  13

I found an independent Auburn message board... http://auburn.nu/board/

It's not the best format -- seems to be a custom job -- just something to note for the future.

• 6 months later...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  134
  • Days Won:  0

Just letting you guys know, we have a great board over at www.aunation.net  Lots of good guys and gals there and we don't care much for Bama... just saying

War Eagle

• Topic Count:  226
  • Content Count:  3,574

AUFan, welcome to the board...

Question. I clicked on the "rivals" tab on the site that you provided and saw the Buffalo flag.  What's the connection?  The rest of the flags make sense, I suppose.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Good stuff on aunation.  Seems like a knowledgeable and rational group.  I think it will be a pleasure playing against them.

I did find one thing funny, though.  They have a post dissing Mike Ford on his arrest for the driver's license incident.  Then they list the three things to be excited about.  One of those is their starting middle linebacker.  He was suspended the first six games of last year, the bowl game last year, and dropped out of school in the spring. 

I feel much better about Mike Ford.  All schools have player issues, many much worse than ours.

To be honest about the Buffalo thing... I have no clue.  I'll let the mods know about it.  I think it may have something to do with last years schedule or something.  ???

And yes, definitely, every school has their player issues.  Our MLB was a freshman, went home to a party in Jawjuh, was drinking and such and got busted for under age drinking and public intox.  The reason (from what I understand) he was suspended for 6 games, is that Coach Tuberville found out through the media...which wasn't very good.  And as far as him dropping out for personal issues.... you have just about much knowledge about that than I do.

War Eagle

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  928

why "war **** eagle"?

seems a bit forced

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

And yes, definitely, every school has their player issues.  Our MLB was a freshman, went home to a party in Jawjuh, was drinking and such and got busted for under age drinking and public intox.  The reason (from what I understand) he was suspended for 6 games, is that Coach Tuberville found out through the media...which wasn't very good.  And as far as him dropping out for personal issues.... you have just about much knowledge about that than I do.

War Eagle

Certainly.  We tend to forget that these are young kids, and we need to separate bad kids from those that simply have errors in judgement.  The reason I bring it up is that we are in the early stages of football fandom here.  The overwhelming sentiment seems to be that we kick out of school every kid that makes one mistake.  I was more reminding our fans that we don't need to get so worked up about every little incident.  The purpose of a university is to turn kids into men/women.  That includes giving a kid chances to correct his mistakes.

• Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078

Good stuff on aunation.  Seems like a knowledgeable and rational group.  I think it will be a pleasure playing against them.

I did find one thing funny, though.  They have a post dissing Mike Ford on his arrest for the driver's license incident.  Then they list the three things to be excited about.  One of those is their starting middle linebacker.  He was suspended the first six games of last year, the bowl game last year, and dropped out of school in the spring. 

I feel much better about Mike Ford.  All schools have player issues, many much worse than ours.

you do realize that 95% of the reason they are even mentioning Ford is because of his tie to Bama?

Absolutely agree.  I think these young kids handle the pressure well.  I mean, we have high school kids being treated like rock stars when they are recruited and sometimes they make mistakes when they get away from home.