• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

what is real reason saban

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,896
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

is considering alabama

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  154
  • Days Won:  0

I'm going to lose all respect that I had for Nick Saban if he takes this job.  But will I blame him?  No because why would someone turn down a 40 million a year contract offer?  The way I will lose all respect I ever had for him is for the way he's treating all of this coming out and saying "I'm not going to take the Alabama job" and now he comes out and says he needs another night to think about it.  That is completly ridiculous.  Astro that is exactly what he wants, complete control.  And as Dan LeBatard said it on his radio show he's going to become the Larry Brown of the NFL.  Although Larry Brown has already proven he can win.  I hope that if the Nicktator decides to take the Alabama job that it will come back and haunt him later on somehow!   >:(

I'm going to lose all respect that I had for Nick Saban if he takes this job.  But will I blame him?  No because why would someone turn down a 40 million a year contract offer?  The way I will lose all respect I ever had for him is for the way he's treating all of this coming out and saying "I'm not going to take the Alabama job" and now he comes out and says he needs another night to think about it.  That is completly ridiculous.  Astro that is exactly what he wants, complete control.  And as Dan LeBatard said it on his radio show he's going to become the Larry Brown of the NFL.  Although Larry Brown has already proven he can win.  I hope that if the Nicktator decides to take the Alabama job that it will come back and haunt him later on somehow!   >:(

saban failed as an nfl coach

wouldhave made more money in pros than college

he had complete control with dolphins

he will fail at bama

Guest AstroBull

Just like everyone said that Pete Carrol would fail at USC after he was fired from the Patriots?  Saban is a great recruiter and will have them back in no time.

Also the guaranteed money that he would have had if he stayed and was fired down the line was 14M.  With Alabama 32M is guaranteed.  It is a smart move by him.  He is a p**** for doing it, but most coaches are p****s nowadays.  Saying one thing and doing the exact opposite a couple weeks later is now the norm.  Nothing really suprises me anymore when it comes to coaches.  Loyalty is a rare thing nowadays in the coaching fraterninty, and it is great to see when your coach shows a lot of it.

what recruit could believe a word out of his mouth

he has burned 2 schools

i dont think he will have the success he had in the past

he failed miserably in nfl

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,570
  • Days Won:  423

Also the guaranteed money that he would have had if he stayed and was fired down the line was 14M.  With Alabama 32M is guaranteed.  It is a smart move by him.

If that was the main reason he left, I'd call it more of an egotistical move than a smart one. With $14M his family would be set for generations to come. I still think it's more of a spousal lifestyle move than anything else...... but I still hope he falls on his ass .... except when he plays Florida.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,570
  • Days Won:  423

what recruit could believe a word out of his mouth

[highlight]he has burned 2 schools[/highlight]

i dont think he will have the success he had in the past

he failed miserably in nfl

Actually, I think he's burned three schools... Toledo, MSU and LSU ... although at LSU, he did bring a national championship so I wouldn't call that too bad of a burn.