• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Watch the bowl games & compare them to our Bulls

Guest BasketBull.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  191
  • Content Count:  2,363
  • Days Won:  0

Having a fairly one-track mind, I've been listening to the bands in the stands. I will say that they HOT has about as good a stands presence (both volume and quality) of anyone out there.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest wildrover

After watching that Auburn Nebraska game I really like our chances.  Nebraska's offense just looked awful, one dimensional at best, reminded me of our Bulls from last year only worse (at least we had a runner).  

Nebraska play calling was also terrible, no faith what so ever in their throwing game they just looked bad in my opinion.  However, they still brought Auburn to the wire.  Aren't they losing like 22 seniors or something like that.  I'm not guaranteeing a win but I think at worst we make it a game and at best we walk out with the upset.  Very very possible.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I think we have reached a point where we can compete with any other school on the field.

Now I said compete-- not beat. We have a lot of talent and it seems to improve every year. I like our chances of seeing the top 25 next year, possibly winning the Big East with a few breaks here and there. That would be the type of progress and "next step" USF seems to be aiming for. With any luck, that will result in more fans for the team in general. The Bucs lousy season this year might get some converts out of the Buc nation-- and I've heard nothing but compliments about USF on the season we just had.

things are looking up for USF

I agree whole heartidly.  We can compete with just about anyone at this point and time and we should only continue to improve with how much young talent we have.  Next year we could do some BIG things!

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403

I think we have reached a point where we can compete with any other school on the field.

Now I said compete-- not beat. We have a lot of talent and it seems to improve every year. I like our chances of seeing the top 25 next year, possibly winning the Big East with a few breaks here and there. That would be the type of progress and "next step" USF seems to be aiming for. With any luck, that will result in more fans for the team in general. The Bucs lousy season this year might get some converts out of the Buc nation-- and I've heard nothing but compliments about USF on the season we just had.

things are looking up for USF

I agree whole heartidly.  We can compete with just about anyone at this point and time and we should only continue to improve with how much young talent we have.  Next year we could do some BIG things!

I agree as well.  I think most people around here are getting this kind of feeling now.  We won't be ranked to end the season and probably won't be beginning next season but if we beat Auburn I think we would be or for sure the next 2 weeks.  I am curious how many people they will lose, though.

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827

FYI, INHD (B'house channel 703) as all the "Fields of Glory" on today so during the commercials check it out.  I showed the wife the Auburn eagle segment and got a vote of confidence for a family roadie.   I've also watched parts of ND & WVU.

LOVE that show.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

usf needs to schedule top 25 teams and play them instead of comparing and pontificating

football was made to be decided on the field

usf needs to drop stafford,elam,and wollard and hit road and play top 25 teams

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

usf needs to... hit road and play top 25 teams

No we don't.  Unless we get a return game.  We can't have seasons where we only have 3 or 4 home games.  If we did it your way, that's what would happen.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  254

usf needs to schedule top 25 teams and play them instead of comparing and pontificating

football was made to be decided on the field

usf needs to drop stafford,elam,and wollard and hit road and play top 25 teams

Smazza is right.  We need to schedule the likes of say Auburn.  Oh yeah,  we did schedule the likes of Auburn for next season.  Nevermind.

• Topic Count:  185
  • Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

Smazza is right.  We need to schedule the likes of say Auburn.  Oh yeah,  we did schedule the likes of Auburn for next season.  Nevermind.

Not to mention the Big East scheduled three more for us in Louisville, West Virginia, and Rutgers.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

I agree with MikeG ... I think we would of done well and had a good chance to win against a better team this year. I am excited about next year as I feel our bowl opponent will be much better.

Regarding Auburn on the 1st, it was just one game. I do feel very good against them though.

Go BULLS !!!