• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

We have to learn from Rutgers!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  400
  • Days Won:  0

I would rather them go OOC so instate talent doesnt beat us, that would mean out of state teams in our conference out recruit us in our home state

out of state teams in our conference already out recruit us in our own state.  our recruiting rankings last yr were pretty bad.  RU is doing a good job of recruiting the state of florida-- as evidenced with their record this yr.

and they AREN'T a 1 yr wonder.. ray rice and mike teel will only be jrs next yr.  they are gonna be good, especially considering the speed in the specialty positions.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  98
  • Content Count:  1,532

Well, the Athletic Dept. DOES put up billboards around Tampa.  So we can't say they don't, and they are for fans tickets.

I am all for putting more up around Tampa and up and down I-75 and I-4.  Can't really hurt?  Maybe alumni and others can get together with Athletics to figure out a way of getting a few up?  Maybe Clearchannel (or whoever we have ties with, that owns billboards) will give us a great deal?

GOOD LUCK: [highlight]Rutgers, which has bought billboard space on I-4 in Tampa the past two years, is touting fullback Brian Leonard as a Heisman candidate on the marquee in Times Square. [/highlight]Read more at brianleonard23.com - though he might be the best fullback in college football, 116 rushing yards in four games won't exactly get him back to New York in December. Now in another year or two, teammate Ray Rice 604 yards, nine TDs might have a shot.

Hint hint...

http://www.sptimes.com/2006/09/27/Sports/Memory_of_coach_inspi.shtml

The people who do USF (not athletics) billboards, flyers, ads, etc.

http://www.vossandassociates.net/voss_portfolio_USF.htm

If you are serious... here is a link to clearchannel who owns many Tampa billboards:

http://www.clearchanneloutdoor.com/market_locations/tampaBay.htm

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

So I am making my last round of my trip (B'Ham, Tampa to visit my gf's family, and now Miami/Ft. Lauderdale to visit my family).

As we are driving on I-95, from the Ft. Lauderdale airport to Miami Beach, I noticed another Rutgers Billboard.

It said something like..."Happy Holidays and come bowling with us".

It had the Texas Bowl logo and all... with a picture of the football team in the background.

Location... I-95 South

leavitt and co are way to stubborn in their thinking and approach

usf should have had billboards with girls in thongs up north for years

I would rather them go OOC so instate talent doesnt beat us, that would mean out of state teams in our conference out recruit us in our home state

out of state teams in our conference already out recruit us in our own state.  our recruiting rankings last yr were pretty bad.  RU is doing a good job of recruiting the state of florida-- as evidenced with their record this yr.

and they AREN'T a 1 yr wonder.. ray rice and mike teel will only be jrs next yr.  they are gonna be good, especially considering the speed in the specialty positions.

and i have been saying this for years

Rutgers is a one year wonder... the only thing we need to learn is not to drop the **** ball on a game tying two point conversion. If we played them now at home, we win by ten. We have improved that much.

i respectfully disagree with my most knowledgable friend

i think rutgers will build on their success and i think schiano is an outstanding coach

our great defense couldnt stop rice,who is better than slaton.

the early games count as much as late games in standings(maybe not rankings)

happy new year to all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8-)

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276

Rutgers is a one year wonder... the only thing we need to learn is not to drop the **** ball on a game tying two point conversion. If we played them now at home, we win by ten. We have improved that much.

One year wonder?

Rutgers...who prior to 2005...hadn't had a winning season since 1992...has now won 17 games over the past 2 years.

Rutgers soldout the last 3 games of the season...and has seen season tix sales DOUBLE over the past 2 years. (Many predict next year...all games will be soldout prior to the start of the year).

Now that Rutgers has Schiano under a long term contract...Rutgers is FAR from a 1 year wonder.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  125

Weather does not recruit players.   You think Ohio State, Michigan, ND, or Norman  have trouble getting top recruits to go there because it gets cold?  Or for that matter that LSU has trouble getting kids to go live in a swamp? Or Auburn where it is oppresively hot? Weather works both ways and is overrated.  Nah, it is all about the program and the chance to go to the NFL.

As for the good looking, they are at every major university, even in the cold.  Ever been to a bar in Ann Arbor, Madison, Columbus or ND after a football game? Believe me there are just as many hot women there as at USF and football players do not have trouble meeting them.  Women are not an issue at the BCS level!

Top recruits want to go to the NFL.  Win and put players in the NFL, that will bring the big name/top recruits.   Whole thing is about $$.  Get them in the NFL and they will come regardless of what the temp is on Dec 15th.