• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Elvis Fisher made his commitment....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  1,479
  • Days Won:  0

Its on the front page of scout, but it doesnt say who in the headline and I'm not a member, but its there so something to look for in the paper tommorow.

(Is this ok to post that the info is on another site? I dont want to break the no ads rule)

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4

He went to Missouri. I think if you click the link to his info on the same site and scroll down they still post his interest. Missouri has his verbal, according to that free information.

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=167&p=8&c=1&nid=2433026

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,734
  • Content Count:  37,593
  • Days Won:  29

Rivals has him "HIGH" on USF & Missouri.

Don't think so or we would have seen something from Brett.

• Topic Count:  31
  • Content Count:  1,297

I have a rivals account.........here is what I found out about Elivs  :(

Talk about it in The Tigers' Lair

During the first week of December Elvis Fisher made his official visit to Missouri. After talking with his parents since that time he was ready to make his decision.

Elvis Fisher committed to Missouri and could be a steal

"I have been back from my visit for a couple weeks and I really liked it," Fisher said. "My dad went with me on the trip and liked it a lot also. I decided to commit to Missouri."

What makes the situation even a bigger get is that Fisher may gray-shirt for the Tigers and spurn current offers from other programs to do it.

"That is something I am going to talk to the coaches about," Fisher said of his recruiting situation. "In the next couple weeks I will know more about it."

Fisher, a three-star prospect, had several other schools in line to set him for a visit including Kansas and South Florida. But it was a good job of recruiting by Dave Christensen that helped close the deal.

"He would call me every week and started recruiting me from the beginning," Fisher said. "I really liked getting to know him and he did a good job recruiting me."

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  63

I think this commit had more to do with USF's lukewarm interest rather than Missouri's efforts.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  188

Before I say this, I want to say that Elvis is a great kid and this is not a knock on him. I talked with him dozens of times this year and he was one of the best kids to deal with.

Fisher's stock dropped dramatically this year, coming in he was a kid who had endless potential.  There was talk of both FSU and UF offering over the summer.  Those offers never came.  He was really only considering USF and Missouri.  As of three weeks ago South Florida was not sure if they would take him.  the problem was his lack of ability to play tackle, therefore if he did come to USF it would be as a Grey Shirt as well.  So when the article says he went to Missouri even though he may Grey Shirt, well that was his only option b/c USF is going after two kids right now that are pure tackles.  Add to that the commitment from McCoy (tackle), there just arent enough schollys to give to a kid who will play a position USF is deep at right now.  Same with Grimes.  The only way USF would take them is if they had the potential to move outside, and obviously the staff doesnt see it.

Josh Newberg

That makes 100% sense ... the guys we have committed and the guys are staff are interior ... really only have Dile, Walker and maybe Tolley or Huners at Tackle. Carnes will be a SR and he really didn't show much, hope he improves, but the main thing is his class.

I hear Sims & Ide are not expected to make noise in the 2 Deep in 2007.

Landing McCoy is great and hopefully he can be ready in 2008 with Walker being a SR in 2007.

I feel great about our interior, but depth is a great concern at Tackle.